Constant Chiari pain 😞

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had two operations on my brain the first one was decompression surgery, the 2nd decompression with duraplasty. I was assured by my doc this would relieve my symptoms & pain! I'm worse now than I've ever been. I'm not ashamed to admit there's days where the pain can become to much & I'm left in a state. I'm back there on the 1St Feb something better be done. I can't sleep, my brain feels like it is constantly going to burst out of my head with all the pressure head aches I'm having, ringing in the ears, dizziness blurred vision, memory problems ect. Can anybody help me please. 😊

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well I hope that I can help , I had a brain heammorrage , everything seams backwards from day one , from walking to talking life isn't worth living , yet I solider on , it's the only thing that I am alive today , so many ops so many ops to put me right , e.g brain heammorrage ops , pulse cut out ops , neck glued , radiotiotherpy , diabetes type 1 catching me out at 29 , so take 4 injections a day with blood tests each time , broke my wrist now so the only thing is lye here dealing sorry for myself...... so get up.....stop the bad attitude.....

• Posted

The diabetes monster is after me too. One of my drugs is causing it. I try to stay busy watching the programs I never saw as I was working. Hang in there!
  • Posted

Hi,

I had decompression surgery, partial removal of c1, and a durapatch in 2014. I had a c5/c/6 fusion 2-14-13. My neck wobbles and I can't sit up very much. Like you I suffer with similiar complaints. I went to the hospital so many times I can't count. CT and MRI nothing found.

I have a counselor that comes by once a week to talk. I'm in assisted living and I get assistance with my bath, meals and any thing else I need. I'm still walking but cautiously. I beg you to get mental health assistance. Try not to be hard on yourself. If you are like me, you are always the strong one. I could always fix the problem.

Now, my wonderful husband lives by himself and has to do everything. Anyway, it's great to have this group to discuss your problems with. Please know there is an answer. Take care🙏

• Posted

Thank you all for your reply I dont want to come across as a 'putting bluntly' soft arse, I've always been such a strong out going person but this chiari malformation has brought me to my knees. The pain can become so unbearable at times & the doc looks at me like I'm having a break down.

I feel a fraud to my partner who always takes the brunt of my pain because im not the person they married anymore 😞 I can hardly get out, or do things like go for a meal & not be in so much pain. Plus being doped up on liquid morphine & table from can send me either way! But helps with the pain. I wish just wish the pain would go away.

• Posted

Claireabella,

I experience a lot of pain. Like you I was a very outgoing person. My husband and I have been married 44 years. I had to realize I would have a different life. It wasn't what I chose. I'm grateful for each moment I have a reprieve from pain. The doctors may be able to fix your problems. If they don't the same energy that you have can be used for something positive. Please let us know what happens.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.