Constant Cramps

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed almost a year ago and since then I've been having

stomach cramps almost every day.

I'm hardly eating as everything gives me pain .

Is anyone suffering the same problem ? Anyone got any ideas on what to do

to stop it happening ? The pain is so bad when it comes on that I daren't go out

plus it's very embarrassing having noisy smelly wind !

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

try adding soluble fiber to your diet. also you can add some psyllium husk powder/ acacia fiber powder and water in the morning or before bed starting slow with quantity. I take half a tsp in water mix drink right away, i wait a bit then I EAT. Its helped with cramps and loose stools i had

• Posted

If your not happy, get to your doctors keep on with them,they may arrange a ultrasound scan,as in my case, just to see if anything is wrong, lots water,try not to lift anything heavy, i still cant bear wearing anything tight around my stomach still,i wish you well, i think a lot of us still wish we had our gall bladder,;;

• Posted

Hi LInda. What are you eating when you do eat? If you are eating things with a lot of fat that may be the reason your tummy hurts and you have smelly wind. Your gall bladder is no longer there to break down the fat.

Anything made with oils (cake, danish, cookies etc), or cheese, or cream, or milk, or butter, or beef or pork...the list goes on...also, I seems to have issues if I have alcohol at night and then coffee the next morning. The pain doesn't show up until later in the day though after I have this combo, vs the pain after a fatty food appears about 15 minutes after eating said fat. I'm glad I figured out the coffee/alcohol combo so I just have hot tea if I feel I need caffeine the morning after indulging in some alcohol.

Also, I agree with Terry on drinking lots of water. Try to drink a lot of it. Make it a lifestyle to drink water, not a burden. I look forward to an icy cold mug of water every morning when I wake up. I take it in the car and sip (or chug) it while driving etc. etc. I fill it up with ice and water at gas stations for free if I'm out and about for the day.

\

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.