Constant cystitis!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've suffered from reocurring cystitis ans UTI infections since ive been 16 ( 21 now). I finally got reffered to a urologist after years of constant DRs appointments and discomfort. Sometimes i feel as i have a raging infection but when i have urine sampled its clear, the urologist told me urine samples often had blood in. Last monday I had a cystoscopy where they could see quite bad cystitis and LUT irritation. Also I had to have urethal dilatation due to my bladder not emptying properly. The doctor said that within a week I should feel back to normal.. Ive got the worst cystitis I have ever had constant stinging pain and very painfull to pass urine. Just wondering has anyone else suffered after having this procedure done? I was hoping to feel much better by now

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

BTW I have been there.  It is brutally painful, but it does die down--just keep doing the right things and eating/drinking the right low acid type things, and it will help.  The pills-like uribel, don't help much, but better than nothing.
    • Posted

Thanks so much for advice! It really is very painful but hopefully I will feel better soon! I have had treatment for the thrush but i  definitely get some uribel and oregano pills!

Xx

• Posted

In my mid 20's I suffered with this so many times (always after sex) and it was horrible. I have a good routine now though and I have managed to avoid it for the last 5 years. Here is what I do: I always go to the loo straight after sex, and over the next 24 hours I will drink a soluble 1000mg vitamin C tablet (which I heard makes things more acidic and harder for the bacteria) and later on I always drink 3 glasses of water over the course of an hour, so I go to the loo a few times to keep the bacteria from being able to multiply. I always stay away from sugary drinks (this includes cranberry!!) as I think sugar feeds the bacteria. Really simple but very effective for me. I really hope this helps someone as it used to make me so down suffering with it so regularly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.