Constant, daily anxiety!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have suffered with recurrent anxiety and panic attacks for the last 8 years but recently I have had constant, everyday, all day symptoms. As of now, I am having dizziness/lightheadedness, pressure at the top of my stomach and throat, racing heart and palps, cold, clamy hands and feet, what feels like body zaps and a rush of hotness through my body when I feel my anxiety increase. I dont have an over stressful life but I am planning my wedding, thats 2 months away, on VERY limited finances, struggling constantly with financial issues, I work for a doctor who is verbally abusive, which makes me dread work daily. The only time I get relief from my anxiety is when I am sleeping, which I cant do all day. My anxiety symptoms are always changing and I am quite the hypocondriac when it comes to my health, esp my heart. I had an extensive cardiac workup done, EKG's, 48 hour heart monitor, Echo, and blood tests, about a year ago but this still doesnt ease my mind. I had some blood work done late last summer which came back okay, just mildly anemic (I take Iron.) I feel like I am fighting a losing battle every single day and I dont know how to cope. I am scheduled to establish with a new PCP on 3/7/16 but every day this just seems further and futher away!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Are you on meds?
    • Posted

No. I havent had a PCP in a year. I used to be on Lexapro which didnt help at all. I am anxiously waiting my office visit in March.
    • Posted

I guess I should correct myself, the cardiologist I was sent to put me on Metoprolol, which just doesnt seem to help the palps anymore. I am a 26 yo female.
    • Posted

Omg I am a 26 yo female and going through the exact same thing!!!! I'm not on any meds right now! My cardiologist just told me to take anxiety meds if I couldn't control it! I've been going through constant anxiety for 4 months!
    • Posted

Its so nice to see that I am not alone! It makes me feel better to a certain extent. What are your symptoms? Are they all day long?
    • Posted

I feel dizzy especiallu when walking, my hands feel sweaty, eyes are blurry, I feel weak and tired.
    • Posted

Not to mention my heart racing
    • Posted

my newest health obsession in the pressure i feel in my upper stomach area and the shortness of breath i have. These symptoms seem to go away when I am busy or having fun but most of the day I am thinking about it and its constantly there. I just want to be done with it!
    • Posted

Have you ever had the shortness of breath and pressure feelings? So sorry your going through this too. I know its a miserable thing to deal with on a daily basis
    • Posted

No. I dont smoke, hardly drink EVER, and I dont drink caffine. Do you? How long did you have these symptoms?
  • Posted

I suggest going to a therapist where you can discuss your issues. You might also want to look into being medicated, it can really help. Hope you feel better smile
    • Posted

Thank you! I am actually going to the doctor or March 7 for that reason and I'm more than ready!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.