Constant distended stomach

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi! Around 2 months ago I started having issues with my stomach I had 2 major pain attacks after some burgers and since then it has been hurting me after every meal. I went on a diet to relieve the stomach and it got better but since then I have problems with constant bloating and distended abdomen. I wake up and my lower abdomen is already distended. It doesnt go away regardless of bowel movement or if I pass gas or not. It's really uncomfortable because I am a slim girl and it really dampenes my mood when I see my stomach like in early pregnancyrolleyes in addition I feel gassy all the time and sometimes after a heavier meal or some sweets my upper stomach just below ribs gets swollen as well and I feel overall bad and achy. Is this IBS or something different? I have run a test for inflammation and I have none. Someone help me it really brings me down :<

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

could be ibs but i would really see a dr.  i did just read something on the internet about probiotics must ask the dr that also.  but please see a dr.
  • Posted

Have you been tested for gastroparesis ?

I was having similar issues. Turns out I have gastroparesis, which is delayed gastric emptying. The stomach doesn't empty fast enough so good ferments there and produces a lot of gas. Foods that are high in fat and high in fibre are harder to digest bs take longer for the stomach to break down. Fluids move through the stomach faster. Look up gastroparesis and try some of the diets recommended. There is a test for delayed gastric emptying. Hope this helps

• Posted

Sounds like IBS. Perhaps go back on the diet you tried before that worked. Try a food diary .Avoid gassy foods like broccoli, cabbage and brussels sprouts and don't drinkk fizzy drinks. You could also try gluten free since your are bloating.  You sgould also sse a doctor for tests and diagnosis since you have hadcstomach trouble for two months.  I went to the doctor after two weeks of constant stomach pain and nausea.  After three and a half months I was diagnosed with IBS.

Do you have bowel habit change?

• Posted

Have you had your Gallbladder checked?

• Posted

I had ultrasound done and I had some fluid in stomach even though I didnt eat or drink anything since the evening day before. Plus of course I was gassy so the picture of some parts wasn't clear. And there was some fluid in my intestines as well. But the most distinct thing the doctor noticed was as he said "crazy intestines". He said my intestines are moving rapidly and he said that I must be a stressed person in general (which is kinda true lol). He said to visit a gastroenterologist but I will be leaving my country soon and I don't have enough time to do so. Anyone knows what does it indicate to have such hyperactive intestines?? I don't have problems with diarrhea btw

• Posted

My ultrasound showed a very gassy bowel which obscured some things.  Did your doctor diagnose you with anything?  Maybe your intestines were moving rapidly if you were feeling anxious during the scan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.