Constant eurethra pain, I feel like I have a UTI but urine tests are always negative.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had a full hysterectomy in 99’ 

I have had no problems until about two years ago, and for the last couple months it has been worse.  I am sexually active with my partner so this makes my situation even worse.  Back in November of last year I ended up in the ER with blood in my urine  and was given antibiotics for a UTI, it resolved , but however , whenever I have sex I get the pains after of burning and discomfort.   Urgency to urinate.  I get tested, nothing shows up.  I do not know what to do !!!! I need some advice here........

I do take 1 mg estradiol.  And I have tried using the vaginal cream as well.  I am 48 years old.   I do not feel like this is how things should be.  It is depressing me, and causing problems for me sexually.   

Please help.  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry you're going through this.  I suggest you start applying the vaginal cream to the outer portion of your urethra and see if that helps.  Also, start taking a women's probiotic.  xx

• Posted

Have you gotten tested to see, where you are as far as menopause? You might be coming close to that which is why the pain is there, maybe dryness is the reason. Just some thoughts. Feel better and stay strong 
  • Posted

Sounds like vaginal atrophy.. Vagifem should really help as it puts back the oestrogen that mother nature robs off.

Can take up to 12 wks for full benefits. Xx

• Posted

I’m 10 years post partial hysterectomy, everything BUT left ovary and Fallopian tube. 9 years since I almost died when that ovary and Fallopian tube prolapsed into my vaginal canal. I was 29 when I had my original surgery and within the last couple years I swear I’ve had ghost menstrual pains, same time every month, bloating and all. Within the last 6 months I’ve had pains almost like I’m passing kidney stones, pressure... a lot of pressure and urge to go to the bathroom way more than normal. All of my tests have come back normal and the doctor believes it’s the scar tissue causing me hell. Sex is miserable as well, the bloating and cramping afterwards leaves me in tears some days. Maybe talk to your doctor about scar tissue and see if that may be the cause of the issue? I have my appt May 1st to set my surgery, I will follow up with you if it helps the situation. Praying you feel better soon! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.