constant fast heart rate when moving constant skipped beats on a night?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was in hospital 3 days the oher week, with abnormal ecg, basically suffering this problem, they thought my heart was inflamed. I was monitored for three days and my heart rate would be up to 105 laying down, at one point it went to 120, just walking on the ward. They didnt think there was anything wrong, I had echo, stress test which when i stepped on they hesitated to do as my heart rate was 110 befor even starting, it got up to 200 by the end which is way too high for me, im usually very fit, afterward i was nearly sick and went into a cold sweat. Anyway they are going to monitor me for 2 weeks, on the 22nd, but ive found my heart is skipping beats at least 6 times in a row and beats fast straight after, it also hurting my chest, Im getting dizzy aswell at times I certainly cant walk around my heart rate just shoots up. Not sure what to do. Coz im scared of something bad happening. its not normal surely.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Josh

Pvc's are certainly diconcerting, to say the least. However, my Sister in law worked

in ER room for years. Years ago they treated anything over 6 pvcs per minute, but in most cases, t hese days,  after testing you thoroughly,which I assume they are doing, they are treated as a very minor problem. What they looked for, at least in my case, was whether or not the heart was getting the blood and oxygen, bottom line. The definitive test was a stress test, after which they injected a nuclear dye to see if the  heart was indeed getting the proper oxygen. This, in my case ruled out blockage, even though I was having 1000'a if pvcs a day. I have them every evening after meals, just a routine I expect, and have learned to live with them.

I hope they can reassure you, given thourough testing, I wish you well. And am truly empathetic,because of my own experiences.

Take care, Josh

• Posted

hi chrles thanks for the thoughtful comment it does reassure me somewhat, cate i have got the event monitor, didnt speak with the consultant was told i will get to speak to him eventually, bit different to what i expected with the event monitor to be honest. but was told they are now monitoring for three weeks instead of 2. which i thought was interesting perhaps they reviewed some stuff.
    • Posted

Hey Josh the next 3 weeks will go by fast..what I can tell you now is if you have figured out any triggers that make your heart flutter now is the time to go big. So if its msg that causes it or running or getting up fast after laying down etc etc do that in bulk when I had my event monitor I was always told I didn't document enough so just keep a good record I always thought I did so not sure and I just nuclear medicine test that Charles was talking about was the same one that was positive in my case it didnt show blockage but that I wasnt getting enough oxygen throughout my body..keep in touch
    • Posted

Hey also josh you sound like you are heading iny direction ..if you really feel like you get to a put where you just feel like you need to sleep all the time maybe ask to have the nuclear medicine test done
    • Posted

cate thanks for the messages, yes you are right, thats what i need to do, not keen on doing it mind! lol. I have already had a few episodes caught hopefully, can get some answers good or bad. I was doing some reading though and it seems when i was at the hospital i remember looking at the monitor during an ectopic and noticed 3 mountainish shapes, then normal beats, i showed the doc who just looked at ive since came to think this was a run of ectopics and possibly non sustained vt, which i dont really want, and is kinda scring me, al though my hr was at 140 tonight and i managed to remain calm, it eventually went down, anyway the doc was just an a&e doc and didnt really know what to say. 

maybe i do need the nuclear test, i will have to have a long discussion with the cardiologist, i also bought a watch heart rate watch, that i can see and my hr tends to go up when i sit up or when i walk around, as opposed to laying down it remains fairly low either way, but its into the 100-110-120. 

• Posted

Hey josh, hopefully they can find something soon when my flutters and tachycardia began to be more n more one day it just stuck at a point that it fluttered every 8th beat..this was in august and by December it was every other beat while heart rate ran at 120-130 BPM crazy and it was exhausting ..bitter sweet, glad you are getting some ectopics but bad that it even has to do this much luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.