Constant feeling of dizziness/unsteady EXCEPT when driving

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I have had a couple of months now of feeling dizzy/unsteady on my feet. It started with vertigo (room spinning sensation) and had eased off now to just feeling wobbly, like my heads heavier than it should be sometimes and when I lie down a heartbeat sound in my ears.

Anyway, I feel like this all the time except when I’m either in the car with someone else driving or when I’m driving myself.

Anyone any thoughts on what this might be?

I’ve an MRI scheduled, GP says ENT if that’s clear. It’s so expensive though hence I’m trying to figure it out myself.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I get this exactly the same! For about a year or so now I've constantly felt lightheaded and dizzy spaced out, not wanting to do things bcuase I feel faint all the time at work and home. I feel the vibration like in my ear / back of head. But I am fine when driving!! 

I have been to the hospital and doctors and had all the blood tests and scans and they've found nothing, I'm at a loss the same as you! 

• Posted

Hello look into mal de barqment syndrome. People feel better in motion with this
  • Posted

Hi,

Have you been on any boat lately, then you can read up mal de barqment

Otherwise, you can read up on PPPD, usually after a vertigo and you have recover, but it escalate into PPPD

Alan

Singapore

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.