Constant Goose bumps & Chills

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I finally decided to get help with a problem I'm experiencing for approximately the past 2 years. I'm having a lot of goosebumps, and it makes me feel very uncomfortable, I feel sick, and nothing helps.

First of all, I'm from the Netherlands, I decided to post my problem on an English forum, to have more listening ears. I am currently 18 years old, male, and live on myself while studying at University. I've been to my GP with this problem about a year ago, after blood tests, which were okay, my GP said it was probably something mental, maybe too much stress, but nothing specific. But we are a year further now, some days are worse than others, but not a day goes by where I don't have goosebumps.

When I'm sick, or when I've drank alcohol the night before, the goosebumps are worse. But in the following cases I am definitely experiencing (constant) goosebumps:

Under the shower, the temperature of the shower doesn't matter. When I'm showering the goosebumps are constant and won't stop until I exit

Putting on any sort of clothing, from t-shirts to trousers, and from socks to a winter jacket. Then after a few seconds they disappear.

Moving around in clothing, sometimes this is worse than other times, but for instance turning my head during lectures or moving around in bed

Going outside. The temperature is not relevant, it can be 10 degrees (celcius), or 30 degrees outside, but I still encounter goose bumps, then after some time my body is used to being inside or outside, and it gets less.

Probably a lot more cases, but the ones above are the most annoying and significant ones.

What might be interesting, is that the goosebumps always originate in the lower part of my back. From there they spread to the rest of the body, and then - depending on the strength of the stimulus - they can go all the way to the head and feet.

In the past I was more active doing sports, but since a short time I am doing physical workout about 2 times a week. I always try to get 8/9 hours of sleep, and I feel like the more I am rested, the less the goosebumps actually are. For sleep I also use that app "Sleep Cycle", to wake you up at a good time based on your movement / breath. I weigh about 75 kilos (165 lbs) and am 188 cm tall (6ft 2 inches). I am clueless what's causing this. I hope someone has an idea.

Kind regards,

Mathijs.

(pictures of the goosebumps, probably just regular goosebumps but still sharing)

imageimage

Also, this is a repost with an actual category assigned, hope to get responses here instead.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.