Constant head pressure / headache for 2 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, for the past two weeks i've had a constant pressure kind of feeling in my head that does not ever go away. I don't really know how to describe it but it is like a tightness inside my head, under the top of my head  and sometimes also behind by eyes. It has got progressively worse and it is horrible in the mornings. On top of this I have started to see more floaters and my vision has changed. I saw an experienced doctor recently and he told me it was stress related because I have my final a level exams coming up (I am 18 soon). I'm also stressing about whether it actually is stress. I had had on and off random head pains for about four weeks prior to this anyway.

I have been to see many doctors over the past two months anyway because of other problems including abdominal pain, a change of bowel habits, sharp upper abdominal pain that occurs pretty much every day and always feeling bloated. The pain is near the bottom of my rib cage. I also feel a bit sick sometimes and back pain has become a recurring thing as-well.  I had an ECG a month ago and that came back normal.

I feel like I have gotten progressively worse during the run up to my exams and I am also a massive hyperchondriac and I can't stop worrying about this head problem or my general well-being. It's been the only thing on my mind and I can't tell if it's just me or there really is something wrong.

Doctors told me a while ago it was probably IBS (the synptoms I had before the head pressure started) and they did a test to check it was not IBD after I sent in a stool sample. They said that was fine but since then I have started to see red things in my stool and i'm convinced this is blood, it isn't there every day though. This was all before the head pressure thing developed.

I find it hard to concentrate now and this is stressing me out even more because I can't revise properly. Can it really be worrying and stress? I feel like my mental capabilities have dropped a bit, but maybe i have just convinced myself that as-well as thinking there are more floaters when there actually are not. I have been stressing about everything long before this started anyway but i've never read anything about a stress related head problem not going away.

Can anyone help? My apologies because this sounds very specific and I don't know what else to do, I haven't felt myself for 2 months.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Pollen allergy ? May is the peak time. Drink lots, use steam several times a day. Hot water in a bowl, towel over your head and bowl, breathe in steam. You can try putting a tiny amount of Vaseline around and inside your nostrils. It's supposed to catch pollen before it enters your nose and start to cause problems. 
    • Posted

My mother has a steamer she uses for her sinuses so I will definitely use that, I am also taking centrizine hydrochloride daily to see if that helps. The vaseline thing sounds like a really good idea! Thanks
  • Posted

I hope it helps. If the steam alleviates the symptoms then keep up with it.

some people swear by a sinus wash but I never got on with it. If nothing else works you could google it.

The Vaseline trick does work too.

good luck---hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

same here bro.... 

" I'm also stressing about whether it actually is stress." I am kind of freaking out after having this mild throbbing head pain and visualizing myself as one of the old people who end up in hospitals and stay there. thniking about it is stressing is more.

• Posted

How long have you had it for? And stress does seem to make everything worse and i've been trying lately to forget about it rolleyes
    • Posted

I have had it for the past 2 months now. And the thought that I am becoming a stress patient is stressing me more and when it happens severely, i am king of incapacitated of doing anything even thinking. I just lie down and wait for it to get milder.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.