Constant headache

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im 21 year old male and lately I have constant headaches (last 2 weeks). I even tried painkillers once but I did not sense any relief. I am worried that there is something seriously wrong like brain tumor. I did have MRI and MRA of my head last year in october because of all the symptoms I got like dizziness, unbalance feeling etc. All tests came out clear. I was diagnosed with anxiety and I still have many other symptoms too (like shortness of breath). I am treating anxiety with a therapy and with a couple of other ways.

Headaches worry me because they are persistent. It persists 24/7 and even with the painkiller it did not help me even though it used to help me before. I feel pain at different spots throughout a day. Usually somewhere on the left or the right side of the head. When I move around it doesnt feel like the pain gets worse.

Anybody else with this ?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Happyguy, I can relate. 100%

Firstly our MRI would have shown anything wrong. Please take comfort in that.

I too have dizzyness and at my worst last year I had a headache that lasted for Orr a week. It varied in intensity and only broke after I visited my GP.

You do br have a tumour. You have had all relevant tests done to allow for you to know this is anxiety... And it truly is horrible.

I also suffer a sense of imbalance, a woozy type of drunk feeling when k am trying to go about daily chores. Some days it is better, some days gone and some days it defeats me.

Tension headaches and stress born and do not always respond to medication. Often the only way to ease then is by relaxing, drinking plenty of water and getting as much sleep at night as you can.

It will pass.

• Posted

Sorry. Not "our MRI." I meant "Your MRI" smile

• Posted

Thanks a lot. I am irational to think like that :P thanks for reply again it gave me some relief smile

• Posted

Sillymop, 

I have literally come on this site today with tears in my eyes and so much fear.

I have been suffering with severe anxiety for 4 months now. I have been on meds for about a month. I think they are helping, but its hard to tell when Ive had a week as bad as this one. My dizzyness is just over the top now. How can this just be anxiety. I feel constantly drugged, and struggle with tiredness even though i sleep my 8 hours every night. My vision is blury, and i feel dizzy 24 7. Hot flashes and constantly like i have a temperature. Is this how you are feeling too? 

Im so scared that everyone (drs and family) is just assuming this is anxiety. I actually feel like im dying and letting it happen sad

• Posted

Hi Grace. Sendin you lots of love ...I am sorry you feel so badly.

I do not suffer the eye blurry was or hot flushes, though my vision can blur when I am very anxious. I do also get warm with it but not often.

A few things you can do is have an eye test. This will help put your mind at ease as they pick up so many things in these tests, so if they give you the all clear you can rest far more easy smile and I have no doubt that they will smile

Another thing you can do is perhaps revisit your GP or another GP and wire a list of your symptoms. I do not know how many times you have visited your GP so if you have already done this then I think you can rest assured once more that yes... This is anxiety.

Please feel free to message me at any time

• Posted

The dizzyness is horrible and freaks you out if you let it.... when it happens say over and over in your head... "this is just anxiety .. this is just anxiety" and it goes and gives you the power to manage the anxiety instead of the anxiety manage you....... It takes some doing to ignore it and dismiss it.. but trust me it works. xx

• Posted

Hey Silly, The weird balance thing is scary when it first happens lol, i thought i'd had a stroke first time it happened. The vision thingy . i have got used to now .. as i accept it is anxiety so it doesnt have the power over me xx

Wishing you well x

• Posted

I apologise. My phone auto corrects what I type and if I neglect to check it...it can read like complete nonsense. Because of all the errors I am posting my original response again!

Happyguy, I can relate. 100%

Firstly your MRI would have shown anything wrong. Please take comfort in that.

I too have dizzyness and at my worst last year I had a headache that lasted for over a week. It varied in intensity and only broke after I visited my GP.

You do not have a tumour. You have had all relevant tests done to allow for you to know this is anxiety... And it truly is horrible.

I also suffer a sense of imbalance, a woozy type of drunk feeling when i am trying to go about daily chores. Some days it is better, some days gone and some days it defeats me.

Tension headaches are stress born and do not always respond to medication. Often the only way to ease them is by relaxing, drinking plenty of water and getting as much sleep at night as you can.

**epsom bath salts are good to help with headaches and to relieve tension. Perhaps purchase yourself some and follow the instructions.

It will pass.

• Posted

Do you grind or clench your teeth? Maybe go see a dentist it will take them abiut five minutes to tell. They can see by yiur teeth and how your jaw operates by feeling it.
    • Posted

I don't. I think it is not related to my teeth. Still thanks !

• Posted

You are suffering from Anxiety, as your GP says

You have had various, expensive test and they have proven you are ok. 

Take your diagnosis and trust those who have spent time taking and checking your results. You can trust these people, so give them the trust and respect they deserve

BOB

• Posted

When my daughter had persistent headaches the Gp told her to take paracetamol and ibuprofen together , it didn't work , the pharmacist however said to take paracetamol at 6 am 12 noon 6 pm and 12 midnight and also take ibuprofen at 8am 3pm and 12 midnight . The reason being , this way kept painkiller in the system . 

This actually worked for my daughter , she was 17/18 at the ttime and had had her headaches for a few weeks .

talk to a pharmacist about it 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.