Constant Headache for 2 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had a constant headache in between my eyes for about 2 months. Before all of this I had an MRI on my neck area because I had been having neck issues at school. Nothing unusual turned up on the MRI about my neck.. But it did show I had a sinus infection. I got some antibiotics to treat it. Ever since then I've had constant pressure in between my eyes on my forehead above my nose. Do you guys think it's still a sinus issue or something else? Other than the headaches I feel pretty healthy. I don't have any congestion, coughing, or a fever. The last 3 days or so have been pretty bad.

Another detail... I try ibuprofen and some over the counter nose sprays and nothing has helped it. Do you guys think it could be an eye issue as well? I wear contacts and have noticed the last couple weeks my left eye seems to be pretty blurry so I think I need a new prescription.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Also when I go to sleep I do not feel it. I can get a good nights rest. Usually when I wake up in the mornings I'm good for 30 minutes to an hour before the pressure starts again

• Posted

It definitely sounds like a sinus issue. Either sphenoid or ethmoid. I would recommend a CT scan of your sinuses.

I felt like this and eventually had sinus surgery to open up my sphenoid sinus cavity. It helped but I need further surgery on my ethmoid sinuses as well.

You need to push this with your doctor though as they'll try to fib you off.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Ben, just a quick question as I too am having headaches every day for the last 2 months and trying to get to the bottom of it. I was thinking mine could be sinus but I don't have any "runny nose or mucus" but it feels right across my nose and forehead and around my eyes. Did you get any of those symptoms ? My nose feels stuffy in the morning. Any info would be good thank you

• Posted

Oh one more thing, it feels like I'm constantly sniffing and occasional "nasal drip " but no cold

• Posted

Yes to all of these. Do symptoms increase when you bend over?

It does appear that this condition has never been diagnosed.

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying so u mean u didn't get a runny nose or mucus as such ? And not really when I bend over. But I do get the odd little soreness in top of cheekbones under eyes when touched

• Posted

Oh and gp said no to sinusitis because I don't have green mucus

• Posted

Hehe one more thing, I have yearly MRI as I have ms and most recent one was Sep so hopefully that rules out anything sinister as it was only 9 weeks before headaches started
    • Posted

No problem all I really want is for this condition to be recognised. First of all I have to say what I have might not be what you have.

Another thing that most doctors don't diagnose is sinus drainage problems that are not sinusitis related. Take sphenoid sinus problems, rarely are there any signs of green mucus. This is because the cavity is deep inside your head. Signs of this are often headaches and also head pain on the top or back of head. Best way to diagnose this is with a sinus CT scan.

• Posted

Thank you for all your info and I will let you know how I get on but it's all very useful information that I didn't know about .

• Posted

I've also had one for two months, and it's the same thing. Right on my eyebrows and I can get a good nights rest also. I've tried many medications but none have worked. I'm trying to get to the bottom of it also

• Posted

Hi Ed , I've been back to the docs ( again) and now trying antibiotics for sinusitis as per above chat trying everything .. merry Christmas to all on here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.