Constant Headache for 7 months, what could it be?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I'm a 20 year old female and I work as a hairdresser. I've been having headaches for the past 7 months which seem to creep up on my and become a permanent thing.

The headache vary in intensity each day but is always there. It can go from a dull fuzzy feeling to a pulsing headache to a stab other days. Im also feeling tired, pain behind eyes and in face and jaw some times. They are mainly right sided but sometimes are all over. They majority of the time are accompanied with pain in the neck and at base of the skull.

I have been to the doctors many times over the months and have just been given every tablet going. They sent me to see a 'neurologist' to sort out an MRI scan. At this appointment I spoke to a lady who wrote down notes of everything I explained to her and she took them to show another lady whom I assume was the neurologist. She came back with its a continues headache with migraine tendencies diagnosis , and said I wouldn't need to be seen again and to try a cocktail of different drugs... MRI came back clear and I was told by the doctor over the phone it will just go on it's own. Which I find hard to believe. I have also never been sent for any blood work.

I'm feeling really lost in what to do next as success with the doctors is next to nothing as there only course of action is to keep drugging me up without trying to find an actual cause of the pain. The constant pain is very tiring and wears you down. I'm thinking it could be my posture from being a hairdresser or it could be to do with my bite with the jaw pain. I just want to feel like my old self again without this headache. Any suggestions or has anyone felt like this?

Thanks in advance !

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi! I was wondering how you are doing now. I've had a headache since January and it never goes all the way away. I'm sorry about your headaches!

• Posted

I am still the same unfortunately , I'm

Currently going through the process of sorting a gum shield out to rest my jaw incase it is that causeing the pain, how are you doing sorry to hear you are also having daily pain xx

• Posted

Hi just reading through your comments I’ve had the same headache as you are are saying I am also getting a gum splint made from my dentist.just wondering how your headaches are how ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.