Constant headaches.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, I tried to post a while back but no one replied so I hope someone can help me now. 

I’ve had headaches for probably about 6 years, but they have never been as bad as they are right now. 

Right now I have headaches every week on the right side of my head which progress throughout the day and feel like they last for days (longest one I’ve had was 4-5 days) 

I never know how to explain the pain exactly but it’s completely different from a basic tension headache. (which is what the doctor told me they are) 

They physically make me bed ridden and I can’t eat out of fear of throwing up (which I have done a few times) 

They disrupt my concentration at college and I can’t make work that looks the way I want it to do..

I am incredibly clumsy and will be standing still and all of a sudden trip or my legs will give way. (This has happened more over the last year) 

I drop things for no reason.

My memory has started to get increasingly worse, I’m forgetting names of best friends and forgetting tasks that I’m doing that instant. 

This worries me as I am an animal care student and I don’t want to be forgetting something really important like “I left my tools in the rabbit hutch because I forgot and now it dropped on a rabbit...” that would make me really upset. 

I’ve also started forgetting words in the middle of sentences or mixing up the positioning of words for example “that’s amazing so!” Instead of “that’s so amazing!” 

Or “that’s so.... uh... yeah.. What’s the word..” 

I’ve always been a person to show off with big words and complex sentences but now i feel like I’m back in primary school. 

Someone please help me. Please.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

well it sounds like you have suffered for too long!

First step is to see you dr and get a referal to a neurologist, you will then need an mri scan of your brain to see if there are any obvious causes as to why all this is happening.

you will need some kind of medicines, but he or she will work out a plan to deal with this.

Good luck Katebug and let us know how you get on, dont keep putting it off going to see your dr.

Best wishes and take care

• Posted

Thank you ! 

I’ve been to the doctors a few times but always get kind of “pushed to the side” as if they don’t want to deal with it. 

I know for a fact it’s something more than a tension headache, surely it is. 

I have an appointment this month and I’m going to make sure I bring up everything that’s causing problems. 

Thank you so much for the reply!!

• Posted

You're very welcome!

Some drs are a waste of time and they dont take the likes of us headache sufferers seriously sometimes.

I have found you have to nag a lot and make a nuisance of yourself to get anywhere. 

So, nag about neurologist and nag about MRI,  Also consider nagging about blood tests, if you are low in magnesium or any element it can cause headaches.

Good luck, but please let us know how you get on.

Take care and best wishes.  I hope you get a breakthrough soon

• Posted

Hey guys, sorry for not updating sooner but I went to the docs, she gave me more tablets to take rolleyes 

One set of tablets called naproxen seems to be keeping my headaches away, I got one today though and I took sumatriptan at the peek of the headache as instructed by the doc, possibly the worst idea. 

My headache has gone off of the pain scale and into outer space, my head feels like it’s on fire and my shoulders are so painful. 

I have no idea what’s going on. 

Apparently sometimes this happens and it gets worse and then gets better so I’ll have to update you guys later again, not looking good at the moment though. 

• Posted

Hey katebug,

I think you'd better do some search on this disease :

MS (Multiple sclerosis)

It affects brain...

Look for more info on the internet and see if you can find any similar symptoms on that to yours,

I hope Nooooot,

But if it is, see a neurologist ASAP.

• Posted

Hi

I am reallly sorry you are still suffering.

Its time to push your Dr to refer you to a neurologist and get some real help.  Dont be fobbed off and remond your Dr how bad your symptoms are.

Get a second opinion if necesary.

Good luck and take care

Best wishes, keep up updated please

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.