Constant headaches for 6 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Back in July, I remember taking a nap on a Saturday afternoon and waking up with a pretty bad headache originating from my neck on the left side and carrying over toward the front around the left eye.

I've had these headaches ever since although none has been as bad as the first few days. The pain intensity comes and goes throughout the day but it is always there. Sometimes it will go away for a few minutes but sure enough it returns. Occasionally, I go with no pain for 1-2 hours or sometimes the pain and pressure around my nose and eyebrown is intense enough, keeping my eye open is a chore.

A few days after onset, I went to a doctor and was prescribed steroids and a nasal steroid spray for seasonal allergies. They found irritation in the back of my throat and moisture build up in my ears and nose. This helped for a while but didn't cure it completely.

Three days ago, I was prescribed 1000mg of amoxocilin, 2 x per day for a bacterial sinus infection. I havent really improved but I am hoping it may take effect by tomorrow.

Usually an ibuprofen will take care of it for about 10-12 hours and it is like I never had anything to begin with. I try not to do this more than 3-4 times per week. While the intensity doesn't seem as bad, I am really bummed out and annoyed. I've made the mistake of googling remedies or for advice on what could help and of course now, I have some really unpleasant things present in my mind.

I could take a sharpie and draw the pain route from the left side of my nose up below and above the eyebrow back to the left top/side of my head and down through the left part of the nape. Sometimes the pain seems to travel along this route and intensify in spots.

I am just fed up with this pain. I want to focus on other things but now I am also scared. I am going to finish the antibiotics (cycle will be done Tuesday) and see where I go from there. Has this happened to anyone before? What was it? Any advice?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Let me know what they say, but it sounds like tension headache combined with sinuses. Do you have some sharp pains or pain in temples? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.