Constant headaches now getting worse

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this but just feeling a bit desperate I guess.

In the last I have been diagnosed with cluster and migraine headaches. I am a 38 year old woman who doesn't drink or smoke.

lately I have been suffering terribly with daily headaches which are getting worse and now getting new symptoms of pain behind right ear and discomfort in my neck. I feel a bit sicky too.

i have tried for the past 2 days to get in with my go but unable to and have been discharged from neurology so would need a referral from a Dr.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

headaches are quite severe, can worsen throughout day, can worsen with movement but don't get better with migraine meds or resting.

thanks guys!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi,

sorry to hear about this.

have you considered the possibility that it may be your neck muscles causing the pain? I never would have thought thats what were causing my headaches (pounding pain, sometimes sharp and could last for weeks) until i went to see a physio and realised that it was stemming from my neck/shoulder muscle straining. it may just be my experience but it is worth checking out, especially since you said movement can make it worse.

Good luck!

Darsh

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. No, I haven't thought about it being my neck but will look into it.

However, my neck pain only came on after a few days of severe headaches and the head pain behind the ear.

I'm going to try the GP again in the morning as have taken all meds prescribed for both migraines and clusters and neither have helped so I've exhausted all avenues of pain relief.

Thank you for replying to me.

• Posted

A few years ago I met this couple (thru our kids) BUT I remember her telling me that he suffered with cluster headaches and his chiropractor recommended an oxygen tank... That's all I know.. So yes it must have something to do with the neck perhaps.. hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.