Posted , 5 users are following.

Known Allergies: None

Family History Of Iliness: High Blood Pressure, Anxiety

Trauma Or Accidents: None

Job: Content Creator at Youtube

Smoking: On and Off. Occasional

Drinking: Only beer no liquor. Only 1-3 drinks a week

Report Of Symptom

In October 2014 I woke up with a strange “drunk feeling”. The night before I went out with my girlfriend to eat, nothing crazy just a small dinner. ( I felt very different as if I were lightheaded or buzzed from drinking beer. I went to an ER to get a CT scan and they said it was normal. My doctor than believed it was just stress related and told me to come back if it worsens. The feeling never went away and got worse over time. In addition, I have this tendency to “blank stare” at things. My eyes felt like it always wanted to stare out and daze and at times felt like a zombie.

Symptoms in 2014:

24/7 Lightheadedness/Disorientation, Facial Numbness , slightly discomfort on left side of head, near temporalis muscle.

( This is ongoing, symptoms worsen and intensify randomly as time progresses)

As time progressed by symptoms slowly worsened and built up over time. The area where my glasses were (frame) kept irritating the side of my head, I had to get softer frames because of the irritation. I also had to constantly rub it in order to make it feel better. The lightheadedness also continued to intensify (occurred at random, sometimes awake or woke up with intensified feeling). The facial numbness slightly spread to the left side of my face as well.

Tests: Ct Scan Done” small inflammation on the left nostril, doctor believed its nothing alarming,

Symptoms in 2015

24/7 Lightheadedness/Disorientation, Facial Numbness (spread a little more) , slightly more discomfort on left side of head (temporomandibular joint)

(This is ongoing, symptoms worsen and intensify randomly as time progresses)

The symptoms slowly intensified, harder to do normal tasks like focus and carry conversations. The blank staring increased and the “drunk feeling” is becoming harder to manage. I got an MRI and the doctors said everything looked normal. The headpressure got worse and slowly started to spead on other parts of my face. I mainly have severe headpressure where my glasses frames were.

Symptoms in 2016

24/7 Lightheadedness/Disorientation, Facial Numbness (spread a little more) , slightly more discomfort on left side of head, more disorientation, harder to carry conversations. More pressure near temporomandibular joint ( vein is starting to show ) ( no jaw pain )

(This is ongoing, symptoms worsen and intensify randomly as time progresses)

In 2017 this was my worse year. In early Feb I developed a strange stomach problem, I had inflammation and my stomach was getting larger. I went to take a endoscopy and the doctor agreed there was “abnormal growth”. The doctor performed an MRI and said it looked fine, no signs of hernias, diseases, or tumors. I took a colonoscopy and the doctor said it was fine. In short, the doctors do not know why my stomach has abnormal growth. It may be related to my head problems.

In April I developed constant tinnitus. The tinnitus grew louder over time. It is constant 24/7. In addition, at random, my ear will hear a very loud ring at random for a short time mostly on the right ear, than go away while having the tinnitus all the time. My hearing tests were fine. I believe at this point something is growing in my head to cause all these problems. ( I am not exposed to loud music whatsoever.)

In December my feelings severely intensified and have dizziness more than usual. When in dark rooms, I get very dizzy and nausea. When I look down at stuff I get dizzy and nauseas.  In addition, the  facial numbness has spread to the right side of the face and now have this facial numbness on both sides of the face. It hurts to wear glasses at this point because of the constant head pressure. I have to now work contacts and looking into lasik for my eyes.

Took an MRI in  Dec 2017, a small 1mm aneurysm showed up. Doctors feel that its nothing, also some small inflammation on my left nostril, but doctors believe it wouldn’t cause these symptoms. Also a polyps was found in my left nostril, doctor recommend nasal spray to get rid of it, doesn’t believe its related to my symptoms.

Today, I now have pressure spreading from the sides of my face to the forehead and nasal parts. Im short, I have pressure everything and my disorientation has increased,  its becoming harder to walk because my balance is becoming worse and worse.

24/7 Lightheadedness/Disorientation, Facial Numbness on both sides , severe head pressure near temporomandibular joint , more disorientation, harder to carry conversations, dizzy in dark rooms, looking down, Tinnitus 24/7 (tinnitus also flares up randomly loud, even in quiet rooms)

My opinion: I feel as if something is growing inside my head that is pushing these arteries or my inner ear to causes these. Nothing Abnormal shows up on MRI or CT scan, however, the same stomach abnormal growth didn’t show up on MRI either. I feel that something is growing constantly growing and creating all these symptoms. It is getting worse over time.

Im scared to sleep because I don’t want to wake up and have these feelings intensify or worsen but I know its coming.

**2018 Update September**

** MRI in the jaw showed that my jaw is "crushed", but the strange part is i have 0 jaw pain 0 problems with jaw, no symptoms of TMJ whatsoever, the dental surgeons arent sure whats causing it

Again i have made pressure in the temporalis muscle but no jaw problems, if anyone can help me, i would really appreciate it

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Wow that's crazy. Sorry to hear your not feeling well. I would be going to a different hospital for your scans if you can. Or change doctors. What does "crushed" jaw mean? That's not something they are concerned with? Even a small aneurysm doesn't seem right?! Change doctors. Sometimes that's the key. You shouldn't be having facial numbness that they keep letting go. Are you in canada?

• Posted

I don't know... So many of us have these symptoms with no diagnosis. I will say that jaw tmj problems can cause tinnitus, facial pain, and dizzy feelings. I had phys therapy for my jaw and it helped all of these things. Now, it seems I have very bad spinal problems in my necj5that may be contributing. I am getting an epidural injection into C6 vertebrae in 2wks.

Other things you can ask to have ruled out are vertebral insufficiency, spontaneous CSF leaks, and intracranial hypertension. Neurologist can be seen for these conditions.

What are they planning to do about your jaw?

• Posted

hey! i know whats going on! i have all the same symptoms!

you have TMJD, you dont need jaw pain to have TMJD

youre experiencing vertigo, which TMJD can cause as a result of the close connection between jaw joint and ear canal

what did they recommend to treat the jaw crushing find? did you see an oral surgeon? im getting an MRI of the joint next week

so far ive done PT for my jaw and muscles but no luck

• Posted

İ have the same symptoms snce 1.5 years it has all began with ppi stomach pills omeprazole but doctor ment side effect doesnt last that long i also have sometimes jaw pain so i dont know still without diagnosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.