Constant high heart rate

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all i hope someone can help me out, i have for a number of years had a high heart rate, resting is always around 90. i do have ectopics, i do have high colesterol but my BP is normal, i am 64 yr old female, quite active. i have had heart tests done and all came back good. i am also the anxious type!! can anyone relate? any suggestion on getting it down as i am worried it is doing damage, thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You may be sensitive to sugar, caffeine or alcohol. Do you consume any of these?

• Posted

What is the highest it goes up to? Do you get any other symptoms like breathing problems or a cough? Do you take any hormones?

• Posted

to about 105 no other symptoms except can feel it really strong in neck

• Posted

You may be deficient in a vitamin or mineral ask to get your vitamin levels tested and iron and magnesium. There are certain medications that can effect your heart rate as well, when I was on the contraceptive pill my heart rate went up a bit. Obviously if you are in your 60s this isn't something you would be taking, but if you are on anything that can affect your hormones it may affect your heart rate. If you take certain painkillers they can also affect your heart rate. If you take any medications, look the side effects up, even some herbal tablets can affect you.

• Posted

90 isn't all that high, but it's a little high, and beta blocker drugs are usually pretty helpful with this, a small dose might just help - and might even help with the anxiety.

You can do the home version, too - dark chocolate! Get anything 72% or darker, eat about 30-40 grams, about 1.5 ounces, about a third of a standard-sized chocolate bar, and see how your heart rate goes about an hour later. Natural beta blockers, and perhaps other helpful contents.

Of course, can be fattening if you depend on it, which is why the pills may be preferable.

• Posted

thanks i might give choc a go, also need to take off some weight which i hope will also help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.