Constant Imbalance/Drunk like feeling and tinnitus

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone, I'm 25 years old male, my symptoms start from around March, after I got sore throat, fever and flu, then neck pain and dizziness come around. In May got series of vertigo attack and after that no vertigo but dizziness like imbalance or swaying rocking feeling persist. then one month later got mild tinnitus in left ear.

Have been to ENT, neurologist, neurotologist, they said nothing to worry about. 

Now I'm left with : 

- Persistent dizziness, rocking and swaying feeling that felt when sitting or standing still

- Mild tinnitus in left ear

- Neck strain/pain

Got MRI scan, result show that nothing in the brain but suggestive of mild chronic mastoiditis. Has anyone also got diagnosed with mastoiditis related to symptoms of vertigo/dizziness? No idea how I got this and left me very tired everyday trying to maintain balance and depressed..

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi nick

i have never heard of that.  Do you get headaches?   Have you researched an otolaryngologist?  This is the type of doctor that has helped me.  I went thru the doctors you mentioned and all said I would get better with time, I didn't.  This new doctor validated everything I said.  I suggest looking one up in your area.  It can only help.  It's a nightmare to live with. But be very careful of dropping depression and anxiety at appointments, lots of people on this forum are totally ignored because doctors are just saying they have anxiety.  I am on my 3 rd diagnosis and starting to get my life back, feeling like myself. Don't stop fighting 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.