constant itchiness prickly feeling, medication or depression??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I suffer from constant itchiness prickly feeling (No rash) predominantly down my left side it is worst when I go to bed and can toss and turn for hours. I have been diagnosed with moderate diffuse coronary heart disease, small hiatus hernia, mild emphysema and IBS, I am currently on the following medication; atorvastatin, clopidogrel, mebeverine, sertraline and omeprazole.

I went to my GP with the itching and he said it's my depression and put me on cetirizine. this has reduced the prickly itchiness but it seems to be still there most of the time, has anyone else had this who can tell me what it is and how to deal with it.

Many Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andrew - Reading that you are on Artorvastatin and Clopidogrel I wondered whether you have had any issues with the use of those drugs? I was on the same for 2 years and was poisoned at a cellular level. Multiple issues included phantom itches, particularly on the back. It disappeared after I threw the drugs - and the doctor-in-denial - away.

• Posted

Thanks for getting back to me my problem is I am on so many drugs that I don't know which one may be the problem.

• Posted

Hi,

I noticed this when I was on venlfafaxine. But check your medication, and ensure its not a side effect....

James

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.