Constant Kidney/Flank Pain. Blood in urine and frequent urination.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there. I’m a 21 year old female, who has been suffering with kidney/flank pain for about 2 and a half months. I originally went to the doctors thinking I may have a UTI because I was going to the toilet and needing to pee again about 20 minutes later! My urine came back with microscopic blood in it and it was sent off in the meantime, my GP gave me 3 days worth of antibiotics, which did nothing! So I called up and a doctor rang me back and decided to give me another antibiotic for 7 days. Which also did nothing to relieve my symptoms. I’m still suffering with the pain, I eventually went to the walk in centre where they did more urine samples, blood tests etc. My blood tests were apparently normal but again my urine showed traces of blood. They scheduled me for an ultrasound a few days later, which showed nothing, no cysts or sign of stones. They basically sent me home with co codamol and said it was a muscle problem! I’m so worried and at the end of my tether, I can’t really stand for longer that 3 hours anymore because of the constant ache, the frequent urination at night also wakes me up so I’m very sleep deprived. I’m so scared the doctors aren’t taking me seriously because of my age. I suffer with anxiety so at the moment I’m terrified that it may be cancer and they’ve missed it. Getting into see my GP is a nightmare because they can never see people for about 4 weeks, even if it’s urgent. I just want to know if anyone has experienced anything similar, or can possibly help me as it’s really impacting my mental state too!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am having back pain too. I went for a bone spect scan for my head, and  the tech decided to do a full body one.

They found the injection they gave me collected in my right kidney.  So the neuro sent me for an ultrasound and exray.  Ultrasound said that there was fullness in my right renal pelvis(kidney) and calyces.

So I was sent to see a urologist which was just last Monday. He said everything was fine.  It just  showed that my bladder does not completely empty. He just old me to go pee more times. To make me feel better, he ordered a cat scan, so I go for that  May 1/18.        I do not have blood in my urine, but have never donw a urine sample for traces.

• Posted

Hi

Can you phone your GP for a telephone consultation? Or emergency appointment.

Tell the receptionist you are worried about blood in your urine and want to rule out cancer to put your mind at rest.

If you have an irritable bladder it could cause the small traces of blood and also make you want to wee alot.

From what I know of bladder cancer or urinary tract cancer the blood is most often very visible.

The good thing is you have ruled out kidney problems with your scans and blood tests.

Also your urine has been sent off and also is negative for blood and pus cells, another good result.

Unfortunately you have to be assertive with your GP receptionist which is really hard.

I suspect the pain IS muscular pain as scan shows pain not coming from kidneys, but the frequent need to wee may be a red herring and coincidental.

Good luck, hope you get some peace of mind soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.