Constant Left Side Stitch

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello,

I've had this constant feeling in my left side that is going on a week now. It feels like a side stitch (like when you run and get a side cramp) although I have not been running. The pain moves from the lower left ab area to my flank/into my lower back around the kidney area. This has happened a few times over the past 3 years, and over that time I've had an abdominal ultrasound, colonoscopy, transvaginal ultrasound and nothing was found. It eventually just goes away although this time it feels more constant whereas before I feel like it came/went. I am referring to it as "pain" but it's not something that prevents me from sleeping/sitting/standing and if I had rate it, it would be a 2-3/10. It's more uncomfortable than anything. I am trying to stay off of Google, but I really am curious about whether others have had the same thing, and what it ended up being. I did just get bloodwork done, and all is good. My doctor thinks it's IBS, and I've been under a lot of stress lately for work which I know can make symptoms of IBS worse. I am pretty regular, eat a lot of fiber in my diet, don't eat meat or dairy, drink a decent amount of water (although I feel like I could always drink more). I take supplements such as vitamin D, C, B-complex and Magnesium.

I was doing a workout program where I was lifting weights (nothing crazy, just 12-15lb hand weights) and may have twisted wrong. My left side just feels tight like all of the muscles are constricted but it doesn't hurt, per se, just feels uncomfortable. Also, for reference, I am a 43 year old female.

Thanks in advance -

Liz

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i have this as well. 39 year old male. pretty constant stitch in my left hand side stomach. being going on for months. ive had gastritis and pylori before. tested positive for pylori again. so we'll see what meds they proscribe or if they do another gastroscopy. i live in poland and the doctors dont much speak english so its tough.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.