Constant mucous in my throat

Posted , 8 users are following.

my main symptom with LPR is the awful mucousy throat. Does anyone know when this starts to disappear, during the course of my  ppi treatment? Can a phlegmy throat be caused by intolerances? I only seem to get the sore throat when I'm talking a lot or stressed and sometimes in the morning if I've slipped off my pillow in the night. Can someone please help, it's just awful, making me feel very sick. 

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Went to the doctors today to see if I could get some tests done such as deficiencies and allergy. The doctor says she doesn't think anything is wrong regarding them. I feel like with this problem, the cause is never found out it's just covered with drugs. I decided to go wheat free for the week and feel much better, so the reason I wanted some allergy tests done. But she won't do anything about it 
    • Posted

When I was getting these symptoms (and a raft of others due to extra-oesophageal reflux), before I had the reflux reduction surgery, I had loads of allergy tests - all negative.
    • Posted

Did you find that some foods made symptoms worse though? So you cut them out? Perhaps j don't have an allergy to wheat it just makes my symptoms worse. I used to have boils until me skin on my face and used to be bloated and feel tired all the time. Without wheat all of these have disappeared.
  • Posted

Hi Relly1994. You seem to have a gluten intolerance, so stay off anything with wheat in it, or anything else with a gluten content. One of my best friends had it and had to bake his own bread with a gluten free bread mix. It worked for him, so try it. It may work for you too; let's hope so. I found eating an apple helped with the GERD, and cutting out cows milk stopped the mucus problem quickly; that is anything with milk in it, like milk chocolate, cream, sadly, and even white chocolate.
    • Posted

I have completely cut out wheat but not barley and rye because I seem to be fine with them. I now drink goats milk and only have the odd bit of chocolate. I'm not sure if my reflux symptoms are linked to my intolerance but it feels like they are because I feel better with out it. 
  • Posted

I suffered with this a lot, I've even had the op, and it stopped for two weeks, then came back!

I was put on a steroid nasal spray, and I didn't expect it, but only been on it 3 weeks and there is more or less no sign of any phlegm.

Maybe your doctor could help you with something similar.

• Posted

Yes I got given a nasal spray before I even got diagnosed with lpr so I'll start using it again! Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.