Constant nagging headache for approx 3 months! What's wrong with me!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone,

This is my first time here so bear with me. It all started very early september, I remember slowly gaining a headache while I was out running some errands. Nothing too bad that made me have to rush home. I went about the rest of my day until I slept. I woke up the next morning with the headache and it hasn't stopped since. I was at the ER about 4 times before I forced them to give me a ct scan as I was afraid of brain cancer. CT was negative, all blood work I recipeved was negative. I went to my primary care doctor who gave me fiorocet to no effect. He then referred me to my current neurologist but we seem to be at our wits end. The first session I received a cortisone shot in my neck as he thought it was occipital neuralgia. After it didn't work he prescribed nortiptylan which I am on now. I haven't noticed a difference. He says I don't need a mri as I have no neurological symptoms. However, my symptoms are basically head pain/head pressure in my forehead, temples, and back of neck. I also have noticed some days that shaking my head really aggrivates the pain and some dAys is so painful I can't even shake my head no. Other than that I don't really have any other symptoms. As of a few weeks ago I started to feel tingling in some of my fingers and feet, like they've fallen asleep, as well as a slight weakness in my arms and some mild fatigue. I have been out of work since this started and it's making me so depressed, things I once enjoyed are no longer enjoyable because all I can think about is what is wrong with me! I have it from the second I wake up to the second I go to sleep, and it never let's up fully. Is there anyone who shares my symptoms and can help?I've seen countless topics but the user never responds after a certain amount of time, making me think the worst. Help please! sad

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

When it first started I just noticed the awful headaches. Pain worse than the migraines I'd had for 40 years. I told agh dr the pain was different but they didn't really take much notice. I had trouble moving my head but assumed that was from the pain. It was only because the Drs wouldn't do anything and a fiend suggested her chiro that I went.

Yoyr type of pain could be sinusitis. I've learnt so mch about pain since the chiropractor explained what goes on with me when the nerves and blood vessels are aqueezed. 

You could try steam and see if that helps. I also tried sinus washes, not pleasant but might help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.