Constant Nausea and Constipation

Posted , 3 users are following.

For about 2-3 months I've been really nauseous to the point where I lose my appetite but then I feel sick from not eating, but when I do eat I feel so much worse. I'm always constipated and that's a struggle in itself. The only thing that seems to make me feel better is passing gas (both ends), peppermint oil, and protonix. I've been trying to stop using protonix due to the fact I don't like putting chemicals in my body. I'm really worried bc I don't have health insurance right now and I am CONSTANTLY sick. I haven't vomited but it gets to the point where I have to run to the bathroom just in case. Please help. No I'm not pregnant. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's hard to tell by your post but does it feel like you might have caught some sort of long lasting stomach bug, and are you having any other physical or mental symptoms like fatigue, anxiety, depression, muscle and/or joint pain, headache, ringing in your ears etc...Have you tried a good dose of Pepto Bismol ?  If that helps a lot it's a clue that you have caught something. Just the fact that your not eating and moving things along could at least partially explain the constipation. Vitamin B5 is a good laxative.  I use Ginger root for nausea but mine is not usually as bad as yours.

• Posted

Well a couple weeks ago my family has the flu but I didn't get it. I was still just nauseous. I feel really tired and a little depressed. (I got fired from my job in January). And yea I do have a lot of muscle pain and headaches. Does it sound like a bug? I've never felt like this before so I'm a little worried. I get sick feeling thinking about taking pepto bismol because of its milky texture. Ugh I might just try it and see what happens.

• Posted

Constipation can cause nausea.  Have you tried stool softeners or eating lots of fruit to ease it? Do you have any abdominal pain?  The stress of losing your job could also have caused nausea, the muscle aches and headaches.
  • Posted

I had just about the same exact thing a few weeks ago.  Loss of appetite, feeling depressed, constipated.  My doctor said I was backed up, suggested taking Miralax for a few days.  Thank the lord for her suggestion because once I had a decent BM from using Miralax, everything went back to normal!  Who knew that a backup could cause so many issues.  Please try this method and keep us updated.
  • Posted

I just wanted to know if even drinking water makes you more nauseous?  Also if you could get a CBC/Chemistry Profile blood test done at a discount clinic or doc in the box, that would give you a lot of info for not much money.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.