Constant Nausea. Can’t deal with it anymore.

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi, I have posted on here before about having stomach symptoms which the doctors think it could be Crohns, however I’m still no closer to a diagnosis yet. Although I have that problem, my main issue I deal with is constant nausea every single day. Some days it’s easier to cope with than other days. But at the moment my nausea is so severe I feel like I want to constantly throw up. The doctors have prescribed me anti- sickness medication Cyclizine, which helps sometimes but not all of the time. I thought this nausea could be to do with my medication however I have tried coming off my medications one by one to see if it helps but I still feel constant nausea. It literally comes on out of nowhere and stays all day. Some days it’s so debilitating I have to stay in bed trying to not throw up. Doctors don’t seem too concerned about the nausea as there is nothing else they can do other than prescribe me anti sickness medication. I am waiting for another Gastroenterologist appointment but this appointment could be months away. I don’t know how to cope anymore, I am 18 years old I shouldn’t have to feel like this. 

Sorry for the long paragraph I don’t know where else to turn too. Any replies would be appreciated sad Thankyou

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi again

Also ginger tea or ginger drops very good - if you have had your gallbladder removed to assist with the bile also take Avogel Boldocynara ....

• Posted

I have nausea everyday - for almost 9 months now - it's been going up -some days worse than others - but if I don't wake up with I get it during the day - I take Zofran which sometimes helps sometimes don't.  I have had endoscopy, gallbladder ultrasound, hida scan, blood tests, CT scan- I also hurt in my right side under rib and also starting to in my left side under rib.  I don't know what is going on with me - but I am so tired of feeling bad all of the time!

• Posted

I’m sorry to hear that! I suppose the good thing is to know that we are not alone and it is happening to other people but it would be nice to find out what is wrong.
  • Posted

yes it would be good to know what is wrong.   I am so tired of dealing with this -trying to work and do other things.  It really gets old.....I would like to feel good again!
  • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. I get nausea too but not constantly. It's the most awful feeling. Try ginger tea/ale, soda crackers or sparkling water to help ease it. There is definitely an underlying issue. Get as many tests done as possible, as this will help to ease your mind. Get blood work done, endoscopy, ultrasound, HIDA Scan for gallbladder function, CT scan, barium swallow, test for food intolerance etc. I have really bad health anxiety so I worry constantly. Right now my stomach is cramping a bit and I feel slightly nauseous. It's preventing me from getting any work done. It may be due to some milk I drank that was very close to expiring. The day after I drank it, it started to smell bad so it was probably already going bad when I drank it. I have gastritis/IBS/acid reflux so I'm not sure if it's a flare up of one of those. I take omeprazole for the gastritis and acid reflux. The IBS is recent so I still need to be prescribed something for that. I'm also sneezing so not sure if its some sort of flu. These situations really mess with my mind and get me depressed. The only good thing that came out of my health conditions is that I learned not to take my health for granted and to start making healthier decisions. Good luck. keep us posted. 

• Posted

I know what your going through, I’m the same, nausea all the time. Like you, I’m waiting to see a gastroenterologist as well, I don’t have a clue when I’ll see mine. Think mine is due to Gastritis or gall bladder issues. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.