Constant Nausea causing anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

4 years ago i had what I thought was a bug that lasted a few days and then came and went over the space of 4 weeks. I then suffered with nausea that would come and go for a few days constantly. I had endoscopy, blood tests and so on and they couldnt find anything. They said it could be IBS or cyclic vomitting syndrome. I learnt to cope with the symtpoms, also hot and hot and runs most days. I thought it might have been aspartame so I cut that out.  I then got pregnant and had severe Hyperemesis. After my daughter was born I did have any aspartame and had no symptoms at all for 11 months. I finally felt normal again! However, it all started again in exactly the same way. I had a bug time thing minus the actual vomitting for a few days and it would come and go again. Dr did blood tests again and showed nothing. I have started to panic about it again so the dr put me on citalopam. After 3 days I woke up with severe anxiety so dr changed to fluoxetine and propanolol as they said they thought anxiety is causing the nausea. I feel constantly tired and detached (spaced out) hot and cold, burning in my arms. Nausea that comes and goes, problems staying asleep. I now take 20mg of fluxoetine and 10mg propranolol 3 times a day. i dont know whats side effects and what is the general symptoms. I am at the end of my tether! I cant cope with this forever! The constant butterflies has nearly gone but I just feel so spaced out and ill all the time. this is not normal. what is wrong with me. I am so miserable, some days I just think what is the point. (dont worry Im not suicidal but this is really getting me down)

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would come off the anti depressants slowly to see if they are making you feel worse.  Google these medications to see if the side effects match some of your symptoms.  Feeling spaced out may be one of the adverse reactions. Sometimes these medications can be toxic.  I would try meditation, light exercise such as walks if you can, take up a hobby or read to help your anxiety and other symptoms.  These natural remedies are better that putting chemicals into your body.
    • Posted

I dont think that is a good idea though as I had these symptoms before the tablets but at least Im not as anxious now.
  • Posted

Hi leahpo

You don't mention what blood tests you had do you know?

• Posted

not sure but I know it included thyroid, cortison levels and so on. I was told my iron is slightly low but only slightly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.