Constant Nausea for over 6 Months, anyone else?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just a little background, I'm a 17 year old female and I am currently on birth control (Lolo) for acne and have been on Lolo for about 10 months now. 

So about 6 months ago I started noticing myself getting nauseous thorughout the school day or when I was just doing my daily routine. I brushed it off and thought I was coming down with something or that I was stressed with school. 

It did ease off a little bit until it hit me hard to the point where I couldn't eat for about 5 days because of how bad it was. 

Ever since then, I've been experiencing terrible nausea and nothing has helped except staying up at night and waiting it through with a few ginger tablets. 

I've been to a few doctors and they all brushed it off as acid reflux, IBS or just heartburn and honestly at this point it doesn't feel like it at all. 

I'm currently feeling extremely nauseated for about 20 hours so it has really sucked. I did have a sizeable meal last night and I did forget to take my lactose pills but that feeling has passed and I'm just left with nausea. I know that this isn't caused by my lactose intolerance because I avoid dairy products but I will still have severe nausea to the point of tears because I am so fed up with not being able to get a good night's sleep. 

It comes out of nowhere, stays for a few days and then starts to wear down until I feel fine again, but again, it comes back days or weeks later. 

I honestly don't know what this could be (and clearly my doctors don't either) so I'm looking for some type of explaination for this because I just about at the point of ripping my stomach out. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi karina77475

Perhaps you should come off the Lolo and see if your symptoms go away.

If they do go away stay off the Lolo and try some other med for acne....

Best wishes

• Posted

Try coming off your medication to see if it has been making you feel sick. Keep a food diary to check for any other food intolerances.  Change your doctor and ask for tests such as an endoscopy and stool tests to check for h pylori.
    • Posted

I have taken time off of the medicine and sadly it has not helped, but I will make sure to keep a food diary - thank you for that! 

My doctor tested me for h pylori and it came back negative but he says that I'm too young for anything invasive so he doesn't want to do an endoscopy ):

• Posted

? My daughter was 14 for gastro- and colonoscopy.

Next to her a 5 year old boy for gastroscopy.

It needs a paediatric gastroenterologist with certain smaller tools. But some adults are smaller than some 14 or 17 year old young women, so....I don't quite understand the 'too young' part.

Children have heart surgery....when indicated. There is no age limit, there is indication yes or no.

• Posted

I had an endoscopy years ago in my twenties.  I was also told I was too young.  It found nothing.  The only thing the doctor could suggest was a possible weak oesophageal sphincter that was letting the acid escape.  Now I have IBS at the age of 43.  

However, if the nausea persists any longer and you find no other food triggers, continue to push your doctor for the endoscopy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.