Constant nausea making me feel so ill

Posted , 2 users are following.

Dr thinks I am suffering from BPPV and advised Brandt Daroff exercises. Did these for four days and now feel so much worse. Have had constant nausea for days, can't sleep because of it, and also bad pain in neck and back of head. I have pinched nerves on the righthand side of my neck, so these exercises could be making that worse.

Can't face eating because of it, so not even doing Christmas dinner this year.

I have tried Cinnarizine and Stemetil, but neither have helped.

Please, can anyone suggest how to stop this.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

If this is true bppv, you should be finding a PT that is qualified to check you with googles, and doing the proper maneuver based on what direction your eyes are shaking.

In my opinion, doctors should not be sending you home to do these maneuvers without knowing which canal is affected.

I found myself a wonderful PT that went through the testing, found out which canal was affected, did the proper maneauver, and it was gone.For about 2 weeks after, I did feel off balance but not crazy stuff.

Also, I would suggest you have your Vit D checked too.

My Vit D was very low, and since taking D3, I have not had an episode. And that has been since Dec 2019

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.