Constant neck and shoulder pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys. So 2 years ago I was involved in a car accident where an uninsured driver hit into us. Since then I've had nothing but issues. Everytime I go to the doctors they give me medication which I don't feel work. They sent me to get an ultrasound and mri on my neck and shoulders. They showed nothing. I've had xrays which again didn't pick anything up. I'm now using deep freeze to get me through the day. Can anyone suggest what I can do to help? Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there sorry to hear about your accident , i have been told in the past that accupuncture really works, as well as chiropractor , anything is worth a try to see if you find comfort...

• Posted

Yeah I started going to a chiropractor and it worked well but I started to find it was quite expensive so I ended up stopping but I've just not got much time what with work and what not

• Posted

Hey Louise, sorry about that rough start and the not-so-fast solutions you've tried so far... I would slightly suggest heading to Amazon and finding the book "Treat your own neck" as it's been a lifesaver to tons of patients with similar problems and those that have your symptoms but also your lack of obvious points on imaging...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.