Constant pain and sensation in my abdomen, shoulder blade etc...

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’ve had a had a stomach problem for about a year now. This all of a sudden started one evening when i felt very sick and unusual. I ended up having severe vomiting and diarrhea that evening and took myself to A&E. They took me in with suspected stomach infection and inflammation of the Gall Bladder. I was in hospital for around 4-5 days, being treated with antibiotics (Amoxicillin, Metronidazole and Gentamicin), along with pain killers for the excruciating stomach pains. 

After an Ultrasound scan or Two, 

I was eventually discharged and sent on my way with a near future appointment booked with one of the gastric consultants.

After some time the pain got worsened, so long story short, i had another 2 Ultrasound scans, 2 endoscopys and an MRI scan all on my stomach/abdomen.

The Endoscopist’ found that i had Gastritis and Oesophagitis. I currently take Omeprazole 20mg, two every morning. 

I am also type 1 diabetic and have been for 7 years.

I get so much pain in my stomach and left shoulder blade, almost a burning sensation in my shoulder blade. My stools are very acidy (without sounding crude).  I’m feeling anxious on a daily basis due to this and its uncontrolable! 

I don’t know what to do at all.

Can anyone shed some light on this or suggest anything? 

Many thanks. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi marcus32259

Have you been tested for HPylori a bacteria that lives in the gut and duodenum...it presents with all the symptoms you describe. Go to your doc and request an HPylori test..In the meantime be careful with your diet not eating rich spicey foods and fried foods also fizzy drinks and citrus fruits. Take probiotic tabs for a good gut flora. Leave out caffeine eat yogurt with hood bacterial cultures read label.....best wishes...

• Posted

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply!

I have had a test for Hplyori. Everything came back all ok. They carried out a biopsy whilst i was having an Endoscopy.

• Posted

I'm in the same boat as you at the minute my doc reckons it is h pylori as well, still waiting my results thou.I'm as sick as a dog day in day out.

• Posted

Did your ultrasound show anything?  Was your gallbladder checked?  Is your pain right sided? If it is, it might br gallbladdet problems especially since you have shoulder pain.  Ask for a HIDA scan.
    • Posted

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

My initial Ultrasound showed an inflammation of the Gall Bladder, but they did not find any Gall Stones etc. I was treated with antibiotics for around 5 days and then was told it had appeared to have got better!

I have a slight doubt that they missed some Gall Stones and there are some in there, hence my acidy stools and pain (especially when eating acidy/fatty foods etc).

• Posted

Sorry, i forgot to mention my pain is located all around my abdomen and my shoulder blade pain is only my LEFT shoulder blade, located at the tip of my Scapula and its more or less a burning, numbing sensation/pain. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.