Constant pain in forehead and bridge of nose, 7/10 pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been having constant pain at the bridge of my nose and forehead ever since i had a septoplasty done 4 weeks ago. I had bad headaches before surgery for years and finally saw a neurologist in September. I was prescribed a triptan (Maxalt) and Gabapentin up to 1200 mg before i had surgery.

I found out about septoplasty from Dr. Kevin Smith MD on youtube for his success in treating migraine patients with a septoplasty procedure. I had a CT scan done of my sinuses and found out i had enlarged turbinates and a big bone spur in my septum. I had the surgery done on Oct. 25th and was on pain killers the first week.

After finding no relief after the 3rd and 4th week of surgery i contacted my Neurologist and he suggested I try Amatriptylne 10mg 3x a day. It has been a week since being perscribed the new medicine and im finding no relief. I wake up with the pain and the only way i can sleep is to take Ambien 10mg.

does anyone have a similar experience? I am feeling depressed since the surgery didnt take away the headache and dont know what to do.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

I have similar Throbbing pressure/Tightening of muscles/Tight band/Pulse beating /Pressing/Compression on Bridge of my Nose on right side and Fore Head above right eye through out the day from past one year. If glasses on nose, it increases. Closing eyes also increases. Also feel slight pressure on one of the front right top teeth and slight pain behind right eye.

MRI/Blood/Eye/Ear test normal. Docs put me on Nortriptyline but no relief and nothing working so far.

Any improvement on your side

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.