Constant pain since gallbladder surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I had my gallbladder surgery last Tuesday and feeling more pain every day. Woke this morning with so much pain under right breast and directly behind in my back and its so painful taking deep breaths. Its ongoing all day its like an all day stitch in side but very painful. I have taken painkillers, buscopan, tried heat pad on areas, moving about more but no change. Is this normal after this surgery has anyone else had this.

Karen x

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

hiya karen

just saw your post how you feeling? i had mine removed 4 weeks ago so 2 weeks before you. the back pain and pain the horrendous stitch under breast i had too i felt so low in mood and horrendous. For me lying down made stitch worse so i slept upright for 3 nights! Please hang in there when i read your post it felt like i wrote it and exactly my symptoms but it took me 12 days to feel a bit more at ease and each day got easier. By week 3 you will see so much improvement and i bet the pain will dissipate. I do feel people underestimate GB removal surgery as though it is common and normal but its much worse and hospital also downplay it and it made me angry they did not warn me of how it would feel. 4 weeks on i am much much better and comfortable pain in tummy still there but not affecting my day to day life. I found sitting up a little will stretch less on your stitch and try if that helps? Lying down made mine worse but it depends how you feel - your experience may be different to mine. I am thinking of you and wish you well and good health - hang on in there you will definitely feel at more ease each day and less exhausted too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.