Constant pain so fed up

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies,  thank you for allowing me to join this group.

I was recently admitted to hospital after weeks of going to my GP and getting given antibiotics for a non existent urine infection (my complaint was excessive peeing and lower abdomen pain) 

Any way after weeks of getting nowhere with  various gp’s I eventually saw my GP and she was fuming at how I’d been treated previously I was in tears because of the pain being so unbearable- she admitted me to the hospital (gynae Ward) my BP was ^189/125 pulse 140 I was given a scan which showed a 5.4 cm cyst on my right ovary (haemoragic cyst - filled with blood) the cyst was pressing on my bladder hence why I was needing to pee a lot!! Not a urine infection!! 

I was all set to go to theatre and then they decided to re scan me a week not my admission the cyst reduced to 4cm so they said it would now be feasible to watch and wait as they only remove cysts at 5cm+ and with mine reducing in size it would be sensible to watch and wait... so I’m home now been home a week and honestly I’m climbing the walls my tummy is so swollen I’m in constant pain I’ve a 2yr old who’s like any other very active loves to jump on me etc and a 7yr old - getting up for the school run or any run is just not in my vocabulary at the moment but obviously and reluctantly  I’ve to get up and get on with it - Tramadol doesn’t even touch the pain and I’m taking that with paracetamol (Dr’s advice) I’m due to go back in hospital at the end of July for a laparoscopy and I know that doesn’t seem like a long time away but it may as well be December as I’m in so much pain I feel like I’m existing 

Is there anybody out there have any advice besides go back to your GP as one of the crappy Dr’s said to me well just increase painkillers if you start the throw up, shivering and have a high temp or pass out go straight to a&e ??? Not helpful if I’m passed out and with my 2yr old she very advanced for her age but don’t think she would be able to get help very quickly 😡 honestly!! 

Sorry for my long winded post it’s not something I can chat with at the school drop off my Mum is unwell so don’t burden her and I’m sure my hubby knows I’m in pain because I moan 24/7 so that’s not great either as he’s fed up of me too which tbh I would be of him if he was moaning all the time

Thanks for reading my post x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. I was misdiagnosed with recurring UTIs for almost two years. Turns out it was never a UTI, it was a 6cm cyst. They monitored mine and mine stayed the same so they removed it. 

You need to stand up for yourself. Don’t accept your pain. See a different GP if yours won’t listen to you or do anything about it. A doctor is a service and if you’re not happy with your service, take your business elsewhere. Everything will be okay! In the meantime use heating pads on your  lower abdomen or even try icy hot patches. That worked for me while I awaited my surgery. Good luck with everything!! Xx 

• Posted

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me Abigail.  Can I please ask you how long were you in Hospital for? What was the recovery like? 

I’m booking to see my own GP as it’s 3am and yet no sleep again for me due to constant pain! 

Best wishes x

• Posted

It was a day surgery for me. I went in at 7AM and was out and home by 2PM. They told me to take six weeks out of work but I couldn’t afford it so I took off 4 days and went right back. I healed perfectly fine and I am back to normal now! Recovery was okay - I mostly had trouble sitting up on my own and standing up completely straight but other than that it’s a relatively simple surgery so most people heal quickly, you’re just not supposed to lift anything heavy for a while. I’m a bartender so when I went back to work after four days I just made sure I wasn’t lifting any beer kegs, but I was perfectly okay being on my feet
    • Posted

Thank you Abigail you are a woman of steal going back so soon. Glad you are all sorted now huni.
  • Posted

I drink alot of ginger tea. Ginger dissolved my hemorrhagic cyst and helpped with pain. You can also used cbd oil too. Castor oil packs made me crap and have diarrhea so i would not recommend that.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Victoria, knowingbthatvyou got back to work so quickly gives me hope as I’ve a 2yr old and a 7yr old to care for and just going into a new job so sane here can’t take too much time off. Will definitely stay clear of castor oil thanks for the heads up! 
    • Posted

Best of luck. But definitely the ginger tea and cbd oil worked for me with dissolving the cysts as well as with the pain and anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.