Constant palpitations

Posted , 3 users are following.

please can someone help me i am a 18 year old female and i was diagnosed a month ago with costochondritis (infalmmation of chest wall) but recently ive been experiencing constant palpitations and i am extremely worried its my heart my heart feels normal but then beats hard ( duh duh duh duh DUH duh duh duh duh DUH) i dont think these palpitations are related to the imflammation as its not a symptom for the condition ive been experiencing chest pain too and also when i get these palpitations i cannot sleep i really need to put my mind at rest

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

hi dear, i feel your pain. ive had the palpitation issues myself for over 10 years. have you had a heart echo done to rule out any structural issues? if youve had EKGS or a holter monitor and theyve captured these palpitations, and said youre ok then i would trust it. if not, i would get these tests for a piece of mind. remember, heart palpitations feel extremely scary, and so not normal, but are almost always benign.

• Posted

hi ive had ECG which were normal but i havent had any other tests im

really worried so im

going to go to A&E today

• Posted

hi there, just checking on you. how are you feeling with the palpitations? had any other tests done? i hope all is well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.