Constant physical symptoms 16 months help!!!!

Posted , 20 users are following.

Hi all I've posted here before but need some help I've been ill for 16 months now neurologist diagnosed anxiety/ depression last July.i have constant 24/7 chronic debilitating physical symptoms that started with chest pain cardiologist said heart fine then I threw up for 10 weeks endoscopy clear then I got tingling legs funny vision twitching neurologist says no ms anxiety had 2 MRI in 2 years both clear also had ct of abdomen clear and spirometry for shortness of breath all clear.today I've been for a scan on my eyes because my vision is so out of focus.throughout all of this I've had constant severe giddyness.so as I sit here now I'm dizzy,ringing plugged right ear I hurt allover particually my chest which is very tender to touch as are my neck back shoulders,my legs are tingling,I feel sick and tight chested this is pretty normal for me to feel like this all day everyday.ive tried many meds and they don't suit me I'm having private coucelling and reflexology cbt didn't work.this is ruining my life I can't even function properly and hardly leave the house anymore.any advice would be appreciated thanks

2 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think it is amazing the symptoms the body can produce. I havent suffered as badly as you, but do have some vision disturbance, tingling in face, pain down the side of the neck, these sorts of things. Ive had to live away from my partner for a while in a different country, and when i saw him recently some of these symptoms went away. Im now back and some have returned. That proves to me its anxiety, thoughts build upon thoughts.Maybe if you know whats causing your anxiety you could take action to ease that. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

hi Mango. This sounds like a living hell, my heart goes out to you, you have seen alot of medical professionals may. i ask your age ? I to suffer with anxiety, but i am lucky i have the support of my husband who is wonderful. You need to take control of these physical symptoms because as a human you can not function with this high level of anxiety xx please feel free to talk to me anytime xx
  • Posted

Thanks for replying I am 41 I have the most wonderful husband who does support me although understandably he is getting fed up with it I also hav a 5 year old son.my problems started when I suddenly lost my job and my son was diagnosed with autism.ive always been anxious but this is crippling me.my trouble is I don't accept this is anxiety it too severe but everyone keeps telling me it is and tests can't find anything I think about my symptoms 24 hours a day if they would just go away for a hour maybe I could accept it but new ones seem yo be popping up and the old ones staying.how fo I take control of them claire xx
  • Posted

I have had chronic pain in my legs, twitching, tingling, brain fog but no diagnosis. I am not convinced this is all stress related although stress and anxiety may be making it worse. I have been like this for three years. Seen numerous consultants and doctors. Had CBT but nothing seems to help. I think I would feel better with a diagnosis
  • Posted

Hello Mango6

So sorry to hear you are suffering so much. You do not say how old you are, or whether you have any family. You really do now need proper help, because although all your medical check-up were clear, you obviously have these symptoms, which do seem to be those predominant in anxiety. Have you any idea what is causing the anxiety? If you can pinpoint something explicit, then that is a good starting point to work on. I myself am suffering "tingling legs & feet", which I have not experienced before, although I have had many of the other symptoms. With regard to medication, do you persevere with whatever you have been prescribed? Sometimes it takes a while for your body/brain to get used to meds. You sound as though you need rest and relaxation, and a lot of support , understanding and explanation. Good Luck!

• Posted

Hi mango06. I'm just wondering, have you had your thyroid tested?
  • Posted

How you feel is quite understandable because of what has happened , we are all different and able to cope with different amounts of things in our lives. And i also think that sometimes in our lives we cope fine then all of a sudden something changes and we dont cope so well, with us women its probably the hormones too. Maybe try to do something new, get a new focus on something, talk out your worries and concerns over your son, talking to people who know what youre going through helps. I have a son of 22 whos had depression and anxiety for a few years, its pretty tough at times to deal with as it has disrupted the last few years for him. I dont have a partner to spread this load with and it can get too much at times, but be honest with yourself and dont push yourself too far, share the load. Accept the fact you can only take so much in one go. These forums are very good just for talking it out and good for advice too at times.
    • Posted

Hi Heather - not sure if you are still checking this ... your note about tingling in the face and it being anxiety really resonated with me. I had a concussion and have been very stressed about it. Now that my vision seems better, the facial tingling I now have is causing me great concern, despite all tests and imaging being perfect. Have always had anxiety but this stretch of physical symptoms had been awful.
  • Posted

Had many normal full blood count blood tests and thyroid fine.i agree heather70113 I think my body and mind has just gone into overdrive.my son was born with a dislocated knee it bent up over his shoulder instead of normal he was in plaster for first six weeks of his life then he was delayed in everything he didn't walk till he was 31/2 and talk til he was nearly 4 in fact we were told he may never walk or talk ( I have to say he has done amazingly now plays football attends mainstream school and is top of class in sounds and reading) I think I just blanked this out and got on with it but deep down knew he was different and hated going to toddler groups because he wasn't doing what much younger kids were doing and I think losing my job and being at home all day I just dwell on everything but I'm to ill to work I can't even walk up the road.i try to keep myself busy at home but have no interest in anything no motivation and end up googling trying to find someone with as many constant symptoms as me I also blame myself because we never go out or have fun anymore.i just want yo be old fun loving me my husband and son deserve that xx

• Posted

Ah, please don't beat yourself up. It's not your fault. Like heather says it's understandable with all you've been through. Be gentle with yourself :-)

• Posted

Dear Mango,I am a born again Christian and recently my son died and I am now under the same type of symptomatic body freaking out every day and night situation.So I cry out to the lord everyday and ask him to heal me.I have started eating fruits and veggies whole grain breads and healthy foods I am trying to keep away from fast food..i also take supplements.Especially C and E also B complex is good for stress.If you ask Jesus to come to you He is faithfull to come and he will help you and heal you.Once I keep my eyes sentered on Jesus nothing can harm me.God is faithful to deliver us!As I pray for myself I will pray for you also that you are set free and totally healed.Remember what jesus said to the lame man,Rise up and walk and he did.He touched the blind man and gave him sight.I know He can heal me of all this jerking and shaking and ringing and heart thumping aching back ect.all we need to do is askand he will set us free.
  • Posted

This is SO typical of anxiety. All of us who suffer from health anxiety don't believe the doctors and think they've missed something. In fact, that's one of the very things the method teaches you! Just realised that I sound a bit pushy about the method! It's just an idea but whatever intuitively feels right is what's best for you. When I had anxiety first time round, realising it was just anxiety and nothing physical was a massive step for me.
  • Posted

Thank you for your quick reply your not pushy at all and I'm grateful for your message I'm scared to go back to the doctor so I will try this method and let you know how I get on

Cheers Lynn

• Posted

Hi Mango

Anxiety anxiety its so hard to except , its not just anxiety though it can make you feel really ill, i myself have been confined to bed with it scared stiff to move. It also makes us feel like we cannot function so really i think its the worst type of illness. Now i said illness, so if you can even for a minute put the physical symptoms aside have you told your GP i have anxiety can you help me ? I think you have General Anxiety i also think you have health anxiety, now with general anxiety it stops you believing any reasonable explanation for why your body is reacting to thinks that are happening, so then your physical symptoms become worse. In other words you are running around in a circle/cycle that needs to be broken xx please talk to me smoe more here to support you xx

• Posted

Yep, it is awful. I too have been confined to bed with it. What can really help is to do the opposite of what your anxiety wants to do. So, your anxiety will say, let's stay in the house. Let's stay in bed. And when we do, we feel just awful. It's really hard but working against the anxiety is the key. So, for example, going for a walk may seem terrifying but do it anyway, no matter how you feel. Keep doing this. You may want to run but do it. Eventually, this retrains the brain not to be scared. And try to divert your mind if at all possible. (Easier said than done, I know.) if there's anything you can do that you can enjoy, try it.

My heart goes out to all of you. It's just the worst thing ever. We will all be okay. Never keep that out of your head. I find that when I think I'm never going to be okay, I feel much worse. When I decide I'm going to be okay eventually, I feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.