Constant popping of ears when yawn and swallow, is it eustachian tube dysfunction? Or glue ear

Posted , 4 users are following.

As above, every single time I swallow my ears pop or crackle. And when it happens hundreds of times a day it gets a bit tiresome and depressing. I have had tinnitus since July after waking up and it randomly came on. But I had very bad hearing loss too. That has since gone but tinnitus remains, and now I have this popping sound. Is this ETD? if so could there be a treatment for it to get rid of the popping? I've been to my ent countless times to no avail so if it can be treated I might go private.

Any ideas?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Jordan82297 - I think I have same issue with tinnitus.  Mine started after a bad flu and sinus cold mid January.  Been to clinics and family doctor who has referred me to ENT but our healthcare system wait times are so long it will likely be 18 months before I see one.  Have called and asked to be contacted if they get a cancellation but so far still waiting.

Been searching the net for remedies and came across something in tinnitus talk forum (not this one).  Can’t posy a link so google Rick Garner my battle with tinnitus is over.   He went to several ENT till finally one said he had ETD which is what I think my problem is.  He recommends using nasal spray (steriod) and Toynbee manoeuvre several times a day.  Could take a few months to see improvement.  I have been doing this for 2 weeks now.  Have seen slight improvement and what I mean by that is some days the tinnitus is much quieter than others.  Hoping this eventually goes away completely as it’s been so hard to deal with.  Good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.