Constant Post Nasal Drip

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been experiencing near constant and pretty bad post nasal drip for about 4 months. It started this summer, and I had an itchy throat too, so I just attributed it to allergies despite the fact that I've never had allergies before. I don't really have a stuffy nose, so I'm confused how the drip could be so bad. It got a little better in september-early october, but the drip is back and with a vengeance. Allergy medicine does not help. I don't know why the post nasal drip won't go away. I'm worried it could be something serious like sinus cancer since sometimes my left ear hurts (could just be too much wax though or something). I'm in college right now out of town so I can't really see my doctor about this, but it's really starting to worry me. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Meghan, I have the same problem with my nose always runny it's having it go to the back of my throat, been having it for years though but lately it's been worse. trying to set up an appointment with an ENT to hopefully diagnose what I may potentially have, hopefully, someone posts here with a remedy or anything that could help,

• Posted

Hi Megan, I have had a postnatal drip since April 2020 , constant throat clearing , hoarse and sor e throat, crackly noise in Eustation tube all one sided, and my eye feels strange although no concerns from Optician. Have spoken to several GPs over the months but never had a face to face appointment. I have had super strength antihistamines, nasal sprays and Omeprazole incase reflux , none have worked, now have irritating mucous cough but not Covid, I test twice a week. GP referred me on a two week pathway to ENT to out rule anything sinister.It was meant to be face to face but recieved call yesterday to say due to Covid crisis would be today on the phone but no one rang and I was so upset .I have to wait until after the Bank Holiday now to do anthing but it is seriously impacting now on my quality if life, physical and mental health.I am a NHS nurse by the way and I worry about the impact of Covid on urgent services, tempted to go private. I can competely empathise. Can you not temporary register with a GP practice where you are currentjy living?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.