CONSTANT PRESSURE IN SINUS AREAS

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey everyone!

There is this constant pressure behind my nose above my hard palate and seems to move around in the sinus areas. Sometimes this pressure gets heavy and I can feel it on my palate and it really weighs a lot and drags my face down..or sometimes I feel it up against my temples...my head just seems frozen as well. Forehead goes numb sometimes or just feels frozen. It feels as though there is excessive air that just wishes to release itself but is being blocked or something. When I go in an elevator, on the way down, my ears get blocked.

I have tried antiobiotics but to no avail. I have never tried the saline rinse because I am afraid of worsening things. Sometimes when I blow my nose, thick green mucus mixed with a little blood comes out.

I have had 2 CT scans done but nothing appears other than a cyst in my left sinus which doctors have said should not be causing such issues.

I have been living with this for more than 2 years now and doctors think i am crazy.

Please let me know if anyone has had a similar experience and what I can do to just live normally again without this pressure PLEASE!

thanks!!!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I feel for you!!! 2 years is too long to endure this much discomfort. Have you tried any of the natural remedies? I find what works best for me is to heat up some water in a bowl and add a few drops of peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil to it. Take a face cloth and soak in the water. Lie down and put it on your face. I like the water just hot enough but not burning. I can actually feel the mucos draining from my sinuses. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.