Constant Pressure in Temples for 3 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I am a 19 year old male who moved to North Dakota from living in Texas my entire life about a year ago. Three months ago, I had a laparoscopic hernia repair surgery under general anesthesia. About a week after the surgery, I felt a headache come on, but didn't think much of it at the time. After about a week with this headache, I began to worry. Initially, I thought that it may have been caused by analgesic overuse, having taken percocets, aleve, etc. following the surgery. It has now been three months with this ceaseless bitemporal pressure. My symptoms include:

-Constant pressure in temples/head

-A recent onset of floaters in my eyes (had none prior)

-Difficulty focusing visually, and mentally

-Mental Fog

I have seen a neurologist, an ENT, a chiropractor, and a number of GPS. I have had the following tests:

-MRI

-CT Scan

-Thyroid Study

-Blood-work for lyme disease, west nile virus, syphilis, and magnesium levels.

Things I have found that make the pain worse:

Some physical activity (I.E. Vaulting up a flight of stairs)

Stress

Missing Meals

Things that seem to improve the condition of the headaches:

Food

Rizatriptan (maxalt)

Lorazepam

I appreciate any insight as to what this could be, as I am quickly losing hope in ever feeling normal again. Please, any suggestions are appreciated. Could this be related to blood pressure? Could it be kidney damage from excessive analgesics following a surgery? Environmental, maybe?

Any help is appreciated; thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam. I so feel

Your pain and please just know everything will be ok.

I experienced this stuff starting 4 years ago and still do. I have the pressure feeling and had the brain fog loads. You can't see an end however think

Positive, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Always happy to talk further and share my experiences with you. All the best for now,  Alan (UK). 

• Posted

I'm experiencing the same symptoms in question... Is there anything that gives you slight relief at all

• Posted

Hi Sam and Alan I hope you're well, i've been experiencing the pressure around temples and excessive brain fog similar to yourselves for a few years now.

It makes life a real struggle, I can't think clearly even making general conversation is an effort, has yours improved now Alan? If so do you have any insight in to how you got over it or anything that helped you?

Thanks

• Posted

Hey!  Did you ever find relief?  I have almost exactly what you are describing for almost four years now. Numerous tests and meds and no answers. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.