Constant pressurized feeling in my head.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had a non stop feeling of pressure, in my head, for over a month, and getting on for 2. It is on the top of my head, and is definitely more to my left hand side. My doctor arranged a blood test for me, but due to a fear of needles, and blood, I didnt go to the appointment. I do suffer with Depression, and im someone who worries about everything. My daughter died of a Brain Tumour, so having this now, has me really worried. Sometimes, this pain feels prickly, but it seems to be more painful as time goes on. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be, or sounds like? Thanks.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have a similar problem. I have a constant left sided pressure in my ear/head for 9 years. It is so incapacitating to me I became disabled. I believe it is an over sensitive or damaged nerve. I take many meds but do not get much relief. I had many procedures including brain surgery. I take each day at a time. I developed tinnitus on that side which makes it worse. If they give you a med that works please share it. I hope you get relief.
    • Posted

Thanks for your response. I know a bit more about the condition now. I feel very sorry for you, after hearing how it incapacitated you. I am very concerned now too. I have to get things checked out.
  • Posted

im 21 female and have the same, but non stop for 10 months now, ive had bloods, CT, MRI, all clear and fine, apparently its just some sort of new tension type headache. You should go get an MRI to rule eveyrthing out, it will also stop you from thinking its something bad, i worried for ages and as soon as i got my MRI stress left me and my headache is starting to go
    • Posted

Thanks for your response. I have to have this looked into, like you have. I feel that it is worry related, and it is so constant and annoying, that I have to get relief.
  • Posted

You need to find a way to get tests required so you can be treated appropriately. You will worry otherwise and dream up things that you may not have .
    • Posted

Thanks for your response. You are so right, regarding treatment etc. As for getting ideas about what may or not be wrong with me, I have already started worrying.
    • Posted

Stop worrying about something you may or may not have. Worry itself can make you sicker than alot of illnesses so go to the dr..take somone to hold your hand if needed.
  • Posted

It could be tension headache.or sinus related.but main thing why u afraid from needles and blood.do u think that in this world any one can run away from death.so first don't worry about death because u can not come out of it alive ultimately every one has to go.so fight with ur disease don't fight with itself don't put ur immune system backward help it with ur courage and wisdome.a man can be a brave heart with his thought or a coward with his thought.so don't worry what is going a brave heart face any situation with courage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.