Constant reassurance!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone. Can someone please reassure me that I will not go crazy or develop schizophrenia from anxiety?!!! I feel so panicked about it all the time, I feel like everyday is a struggle to get through, some days are better than others, and I just can't stop thinking that if I carry on feeling like this I am going to go crazy!!! Anyone feel like this??

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hey becki... I assure u that u will not go crazy. I know when anxiety is at it's worst it sure does feel like it. I use to feel this way all the time when I first started having panic attacks . thought I was going crazy or having a heart attack or a million other symptoms I was having . always remind ur self that no matter how scary it Is that anxiety will not hurt u and the feelings will pass. Its scary and I know that first hand since I been suffering since I was about 13 and I'm now 35. Ur definitely not alone. If u ever need someone to listen my ears are always open. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Hi Becky,

First of all understand this, You are not developing shizopherenia, its not that. You are just suffering from heightened anxiety. And that too is not a bad thing, anxiety is just heightened sense of protection and security that your body has to project to protect. 

"But protect me from what?" you'll say. Well Becky the answer is, it wants to protect you from yourself. Sounds strange doesn't it ? Well, think about it this, Why are you feeling anxious ? Because you THINK that you are going shizo. Why do you THINK that ? Because you panic all the time. Notice how I capitalized the words THINK. 

Becky, your only problem is your overthinking brain. All your brain needs is some rest to calm down because over the years you have put so much stress and worry on it that it is overworked. How do you correct this ? By giving the brain the much needed rest.

The only way to replenish your brain is to not give too much importtance to thoughts. I am not necessarily saying that you stop thinking, becuase that is an impossible thing to do, we are humans after all and that is our job to think, thats what put us on top of the food chain. Lets just say you have to learn how to MANAGE your thoughts.

Becky, you can get almost coutless assurances here, and each and everyone here will give you that. But none of those assurances will hold as much weight as what you tell your ownself. So just tell youself forcefully that you are not going mad, this is just your anxiety playing tricks on you. The most important advice that I can give you is that you carry on normally with your everyday activities, dont doddle too much with your own mind, keep yourself busy.

I hope that my words were of some help. smile

Take care Becky and All the best smile

Zeeshan  

• Posted

Hello zeeshan. Thank you so much, I think my fear is heightened because my mum has schizophrenia. My doctor has told me that is it HIGHLY unlikely that I will get it, but I can't help thinking that it will happen, I just think it's gonna happen to me, I don't feel right in myself, this is the start of it! Is this just anxiety do you think, just my anxious mind playing tricks on me?? It is so horrible feeling like this all the time, just feel like my time is coming where I am going to lose my mind, it's only a matter of time I keep telling myself
    • Posted

Hey Becky,

Sorry for the late reply, living on two different continents does have its cons :P

Becky, you are just anxious that is all, Trust me smile Your mind is over working like "oh my GOD may be I have this or that or what if I did this or what if I shouldn't have done that". These are only thoughts Becky, they dont define you who you are

Becky, we all heard the phrase that "The Mind Is The Most Powerful Weapon", well after suffering from anxiety I can totally agree to that quote. Our minds can make mountains out of molehills. We dont even realize what power our mind possesses. You have to realize that it is just your anxiety that is thinking over things which do not hold any weight at all. You have to let all the thoughts come to you, no matter how good or worse they are. Turn your "What ifs" to "So Whats". The longer you dwell on a negative thought the more powerful it grows, Becky please understand that this battle can only be won, if YOU beieve in victory. We humans are more powerful and strong then we have ever imagined. We can overcome anything and do whatever we want, its just that how much we believe in ourselves. Look inside yourself Becky, hear the thoughts that you have and you will realize that amongst all the commotion of negative thoughts, there will be one little voice that will always be telling you that "You are not going mad" or "You will get through this". Becky listen to that little voice make it your guidance tape, repeat what it says, because that is your trueself. You are an amazing and wonderful person and you have no mental issues.

Another thing, you should be grateful that you have friends that can help you in these difficult times, they necessarily dont have to understand anxiety just to make you have a good time and enjoy yourself. Just live in the moment Becky, go out and have fun like any normal person would becuase you are no less to them. 

Once again I hope my words were of some help smile

Take care Becky, All the best smile

Zeeshan . 

• Posted

Hi  beckie62486

Feel the same. Most of the time .  I dont neccesarily feel I am about to develop schizophrenia but shaking the anxiety off  does  take some doing.  Some days are better than others. If you have seen your GP and he/she has ruled out other health problems then you can be assured that it is anxiety causing your worries. It's a nightmare at times, but I keep trying to tell myself, in spite of all this wasted time and energy worrying about 'what if I have...' I am still here. Not in a particularly healthy place , but I am here. Sorting out the rest is going to take some time. I am seeing a counsellor in two weeks as I feel the need to get to the bottom of why I have begun to feel as I do. Trying to deal with anxiety that is bad is a tough thing to deal with alone. I hope you have someone you can speak to or go to when desperate times take over.x

• Posted

The mind is powerful becki.  And you are not going mad. It is your brain going into overdrive. Is there someone you can turn to that might try and help you or at least distract you to give you a break from these awful thoughts? X
    • Posted

Hi sue. Yes I have plenty of people to talk to, however I feel that if someone hasn't been through or experience anxiety then they can find it hard to understand. That's why I joined this forum, everyone understands on here. Thank you so much for your reassurance 😊
  • Posted

Yes. You do have a point becki. People dont always understand I agree. Just know what its like to be by yourself when you are in a bad way. Hope you have calmed a little now you have had some response from people that do understand you? 

Be kind to yourself 😌

• Posted

HI becki...no u will not go crazy...I feel exactly the same...I went to see my doctor this morning and told him I thought I was developing or already had pyschosis/schizophenia...He said that people with pyschosis have no insight..they don't question what they are thinking. Anxiety feels terrible and I know it feels like you are going crazy but you wont.....if we were going to go crazy it would have happened already.

Take care x

• Posted

Hi Claire. I know we wouldn't know if we were crazy but it is one of them things I constantly worry and fret over, it is so frustrating!! I'm only 21 so just keep thinking that my time in bound to come eventually when I go crazy as I'm feeling so anxious now and don't feel myself. Do you feel strange sometimes? Is that just anxiety to feel as if nothing is the same anymore, everything feels weird? It's so horrible, I look at other people and just think, why can't I be like them and just get on with life!!!
  • Posted

just keep continuing to write and write.... It's really spirits acting on this, Refrain from all occult materials.  It's important to expose them.... to get rid of the voices.
  • Posted

Of course you won't go crazy. I won't tell you it's all in your head, because I know how real it feels when you're that anxious about something. The chances of you developing schizophrenia from anxiety are slim to none. I know it feels like it when your anxiety is really bad and you can't control your thoughts, but it most likely WONT develop into schizophrenia!
    • Posted

Hello. Thank you for that reassurance, just having someone tell me I won't get makes me feel a lot better! Lol. It's because my mum has it that I worry I will get it, however I've been told by my doctor that it is highly unlikely I won't get it due to genetics. The anxiety makes me think that I'm losing control though, in guessing that's normal with anxiety, is it?x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.