Constant redness

Posted , 14 users are following.

ive been having constant redness between my labia minora and labia majora. When i spread it this picture below is what it looks like. Clobetasol seems to make the irritation go away. I have an appt on wednesday ... in nov i tested negative for bacterial and fungal infections. My actual vagina doesnt bother me just inbetween my labias and the top of my labia minora gets super red as well. Any idea what this could be. I changed my underwears to all cotton, been washing with all free and clear... its not itchy juSt gets very red and its not annonying because i know when its red 

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That's how mine looks too. Very annoying and sometimes it burns.  Any suggestions?  I tried Emuaid and no results.  I have been tested for BV and was treated for it.  What can I do to treat it? I see Gyn on Thursday of this week. 

• Posted

Hey Nina 

have you been tested for lichen sclerosis? Usually you have a biopsy. Read the lichen sclerosis forums. You might recognise other symptoms, a lot of people are giving good tips to try with the itch. 

Best tip I can give is stop eating all yeast and sugar, this stopped my itch, took a few weeks. Once the itch stops the redness reduces. I’ve done a chat, click on my profile and you will find it.

good luck 🍀

• Posted

Hi! I've had the same problem as you since I was 13 years old. I accidentally applied the wrong product down there which caused pain, swelling and irritation. Ever since then my labia minora haven't been the same size or colour (one side is pink and the other side is a greyish-brown). It also has a weird spotty texture.

I haven't been to a doctor about this, mainly because I'm too embarrassed, but also because it has been the same for years and hasn't caused anymore irritation.

I wanted to know if there was a way that I could possibly reverse this without seeing a doctor... If anyone could help then that would be much appreciated so if you have any useful info then please share. 

Thanks smile 

• Posted

did you find out if this is LP? mine looks exactly the same

• Posted

Hi Nina, I am going through the exact same thing, although steroids are making things worse for me. I also have bruising on the inner labia and a small brown spot that's developed. It's ruined my life for the last 4-5 months, I don't know where to turn. Dr thinks I am heading down the route of Vulvodynia - I can't come to terms with the fact I may have to live my life like this for god knows how long.

It's great to speak to someone going through similar, although I am sorry you're suffering too xx

• Posted

Hi! So i recently had a uti and yeast infection and finished several doses of the oral yeast infection pill and the symptoms are gone but now i noticed these white dots that arent really raised and look like fordcyte spots and also look like a lot of pictures on here, but theres redness and occasionally a slight irritating feeling. Went to gyno yesterday and she said it might be an outer yeast infection but it looks like this picture but more red. any results from anyone whos had this?

• Posted

i just made a post, ive been having the same problem. my nurse prac said i had q nasty yeast infection but taking and oral pill didnt really change much, so were trying an insertable. mine is like kinda bright red, and like a ring on both sides of my labia with the fordyce looking spots. but its only on my labia!!

• Posted

mine too!!! exact same thing but no yeast infection worked, the only thing that helped was a steroid cream

• Posted

no yeast infection medication* worked, i even used an antifungal cream but the only thing that helped was the steroid

• Posted

like the ring on both sides is spot on

• Posted

i have a similar issue, but my vagina is more bright red and concentrated around the soft tissue of my labia only. i have no symptoms other than sensitivity. every thing must be very lubed during sexual intercourse or i easily start feeling some pain. nothing unbearable, just uncomfortable. but thats a common issue even still. i got a pelvic exam and was told i had a "nasty yeast infection" but i was experiencing no symptoms. no itching, burning, chunky discharge, but i given diflucan and dont really feel like it made the redness go away. other than being sexually sensitive to not lubricated enough sex, i dont have symptoms. my discharge has been normal, clear or whitish, no odd smell (and ive had BV before, i know it can smell funky). so im kinda at a block. my annual is in about a month. hopefully its non threatening and just how my vagina is and turns out to be mostly cosmetic.

• Posted

hello, did you manage to get rid of the inflammation? i have been experiencing some burning in that area and all the tests show nothing and steroid and ointment potions do little to relieve it. Any success stories welcome 😃

• Posted

Hi,

I use a steroid ointment, Clobetasol usually twice a day. i am also taking 400 mg. of Gabapentin daily. After urination i use a peri bottle filled with water and pat dry. I also use a hand hold shower and just use water. I never use soap in that area. My Dr. recommended it. Wishing you luck and hope you get relief very soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.