Constant right leg cramps

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, i'm a 22 year old woman and i suffer from constant leg cramps since a month. I have pain in the back of my knee as well as in my right buttlock especially when i walk and sometimes in my lower back too. As soon as i sit down or lay in bed my foot/leg starts cramping and tingling non stop. I went to a doctor and i did a spinal CT Scan which showed a slight lumbar pinch my doctor believes the pain comes from that but i'm afraid i might have restless leg syndrome i told him about it but he quickly dismissed it... i'm still worried

Please help

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Im not a doctor Nina but my gut instinct is saying you havent got RLS. I believe your doctor is quite likely correct with his diagnosis as that is something I can identify with, and, particularly as you`ve had a CT scan. I thought RLS affected both legs anyway. Best Wishes

• Posted

hi, thank you for your answer. It's crazy how yesterday 10mn after i was done typing this my left leg started tingling as well especially in the bottom of my foot and the tingling doesn't stop. I don't really feel the need to move my legs except sometimes during the nights where i'm unable to sleep. You said that you can identify with what i said, have you had a similar experience?

• Posted

Hi Ninaa, Ive had lower back problems and one can feel all sorts of sensations in the leg if a nerve or disc is being pinched i.e pins and needles, numbness not to mention excruciating pain if the disc herniates and this can be felt down as far as the foot. I would say you havent got RLS because I know people that have had this and the legs just don`t stop moving and one thing I read about RLS is to get iron levels checked out first and foremost if there is any suspicion that someone has this. By the way pain from the back can be felt in the buttocks also. If it is sciatica then you should know that the sciatic nerve is the single largest nerve in the body that runs across the back and down both legs. Hope this helps.

• Posted

It can affect both legs or only one leg at a time? cause i had problems with one leg for over a month but yesterday my second leg started feeling weird as well. The pain from my right leg intensified especielly when moving. I have a vitamin D defiency and i've been told that it might cause tingling in feet and hands, i'll make sure to have a blood test done tomorrow morning. Once again, thank you for your answer !

• Posted

Let me know how you get on Ninaa, I am genuinely interested, Best Wishes

• Posted

Hi, my blood tests results came out, my serum iron levels are low and my sedimentation rate is high. My vitamin D got better but it's still below average. I'm puzzled, what does it mean?

• Posted

Hi Ninaa, we get most of our vitamin D from sunlight so maybe if your levels are low you might like to take a supplement. I think the sedimentation rate is to do with inflammation in the body but I don`t think they just take that on its own, there might be other factors they need to take into account, your doctor is the best person to answer your questions and if necessary take a pen and paper to write things down if you think you might forget whats been said.Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.