Constant right side abdomen pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a 29 year old male in decent shape.

I strted out 6 months ago having a weird random tingling below the belly button, right side. Noticed it while sitting down at my computer only at the time. Now it has slowly advanced to a constant pain/pressure that radiates an inch below my belly button to an inch above my belly button on the right side. Started getting back pain as well on the right side. Tends to be sharper and more noticeable when bending down or twisting. Can't sleep on my stomach or the area starts pulsing with pain.

I had an abdominal ultrasound 4 months ago and an abdominal CT scan with contrast 2 months ago, both clean. Kind of at a loss for what is causing this and my mind worries it is my pancreas now. My doctor is referring me to a gastro, but it will be a few weeks.

Any clues as to what could likely be causing this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Has your gallbladder been checked?
    • Posted

I had the CT/Ultrasound. Also had a blood test in Feb that I literally just got the results for because of some mess-up. Had slightly elevated Albumin levels at 5.2 g/dL. Calcium on the high end of normal at 10.3 mg/dL, though probably due to the high Albumin.

Everything else was normal, just some stuff like WBC and Platelet counts were on the lower end of normal. 

• Posted

My GP had both those tests done and said he had no idea since nothing was found so he sent me to a gastro. Just saw the Gastro and he sort of just shrugged me off and diagnosed me with IBS. He put me on OTC peppermint pills + miralax and then wants to see me back in a month. He's also having my inflammatory markers checked via a blood test. 

I mean I guess it is not a bad approach but I feel like IBS is just a throwaway diagnosis because I'm on the younger side.

• Posted

I should mention I had a colonscopy 4 years ago when I had excessive rectal bleeding ( was just piles). So I see why he thinks I'm okay in that department. Guess not much else he can do other than a wait and see approach or do an Endoscopic ultrasound or something along those lines.

• Posted

I was diagnosed with IBS at the age of 42.  It is diagnosed when everything else is negative.  It is not always a throw away diagnosis.  I feared for my pancreas too because it couldn't be seen on the ultrasound.  I asked my doctor about it and he reassured me that at my age, it was higlly unlikely to be my pancreas.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.