Constant right side Abdominal Pain, no other symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Basically nearly 2 months ago I started getting this on and off achey pain in my right abdomen. I was going to go to a doctor about it but it went away after around four weeks so I assumed it was stress or something. Then, nearly a week ago it came back again but this time it's constant and never goes away unless I sit in awkward positions... It's also slightly more painful. I went to the doctor about it and he asked me a load of questions and then did an examination. He said he didn't feel anything wrong and that it was my diet (even though my diet is fine as far as I know). Other than that he pretty much gave me no advice on what to do and sent me away again. The issue is I have absolutely no other symptoms with the pain which I'm assuming is why he didn't send me for tests or something. I'm pretty worried about it since it's been nearly two months since it first appeared and I have no idea what it could possibly be. I can't even self diagnose because nothing online fits the criteria. The pain moves around between my upper right abdomen to my lower right abdomen. Nothing seems to worsen it and or make it better (even pain relievers). I'm 18 years old and other than this I'm healthy. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? sad

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I think I'm suffering with the same thing.. Does it get worse when you walk for a bit? Xx

• Posted

Actually walking seems to make it better, like moving around a lot. But I think that's because my mind isn't on it as I'm focussing on something else.

• Posted

Hi!

I've been going through the exact same thing for the past 3 months.

I had my appendix removed last summer and doctors at first believed it was a complication from that. I did lots and lots of tests and evetually they said it's ovarian cyst. The symptoms persisted, now the pain moving to my stomach as well. After all, I've been diagnosed with gastritis and now the doctor believes it's IBS as well or an imbalance in my intestinal flora. I'll have to run a few more tests to find out for sure.

You could very well have a gynecological problem...or something like IBS or maybe appendicitis? I had constant pain in my right side for 1 month and a half before they finally managed to diagnose my appendicitis last summer, because I wasn't having the typical symptoms. rolleyes

Anyway, you should try and talk to a doctor again and demand some tests, maybe a CT scan in order to find out what's wrong.

Best of wishes!

Rommie

• Posted

I don't think it's appendicitis because the pain isn't only from my belly button to my lower right side. It travels up as well to my rib cage. It also completely disappeared for a few weeks and then came back again. This week I'm going to drink lots of water and see if it improves since it only reappeared a few days ago - it may go away again. If it doesn't/it gets worse I'll definitely go back to the doctor.

• Posted

Well, I went back to my doctor today and now she suspects that my pain in the right side could be from gluten intolerance. I'll have to do more tests for that. I'll keep you updated.

• Posted

That’s good, doesn’t sound too serious. Mine got worse yesterday and I ended up going to an out of hours gp. He did all the tests and ruled out a lot of things like appendicitis. I’m going to get an ultrasound in two to three weeks as he suspected it might be related to my ovaries. I’m a bit concerned though because I actually found today I have quite a few painless but moveable swollen lymph nodes in my neck also on the right and doctor google is never a good idea. I’m thinking they may simply be related to my cough though or maybe my ears since my slight tinnitus got suddenly worse a week ago so I may have an ear infection... I hope. I’ll keep you posted though.
  • Posted

Do your bowel habits change? If so, it might be IBS.
    • Posted

Nope. No obvious changes at least. The only other 'symptom' I'm showing is a dry cough. I didn't think to mention it because from what I've read that isn't exactly a related symptom to this sort of thing. I did consider a hernia from the cough but there's no bulge and the pain moves about.

• Posted

A dry cough could be acid reflux. Maybe try a food diary to see if a food is the problemsince your doctor suggested diet change.   Mayb3 it is gastritis..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.