Constant ringing in my ears for as long as I can remember, getting worse in the last 12-18months

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been hearing ringing in my ears for as long as I can remember, its always there and doesnt go away but it doesnt normally effect me and is bearable. I've been to see a doctor about it a few years ago but they weren't very helpful and didn't give any explanation for it, so I'm just asuming its tinnitus. In the last 12-18months though it seems to be getting louder and lately one ear will radonmly go muffled and the ringing in that ear will get louder...

Just wondering if anyones experienced that same thing or has any explanations?

Thanks smile

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do not worry is my first piece of advice I have had it about the same time and at one point it was unbearable, I now lead a healthier lifestyle and exercise and it's got better, this said mine alters with stress or if I am depressed for whatever reason so I prey a lot and with me feeling spiritually well it makes a massive difference, I drove myself out of my mind with worry and now I concentrate my energy on what I can control and not what I can't, we are all in this together so sharing is a great help to finding positive help, bottom line your not alone.
  • Posted

Hello, Yes I have had it in both ears for a very long time. Dr's say there is no cure, I try to ignore it but the more I notice the loud screams the louder it seems to go.
    • Posted

Don't worry is the first battle to overcome, easier said than done but I can tell you that you are worrying and this makes the thing even worse, tey going for walks in the park, also relaxation breathing techniques you can google that or even fnd something on youtube, touch wood the last few months ahve been great for me and I can tell you before it was very severe but as I said in my last post worry about the things you can control and not what you can't, you can do something about your lifestyle, you command that and let me tell you if you make the changes, healthy eating, some sport and breathing techniques, even Yoga it will get a 100% better and might even go away, before I made the change on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 been the most severe I was a 10 and today I am a 1 to 3!!!!, don't give up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.