Constant shooting arm pains

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi does anyone have any advice I have been getting arm pain primarily in my right arm however i have now started to get pain in my left arm, my right arm pain has got progressively worse since April shooting stabbing burning pains which is now constant 24 hours . I also get weakness in my arm and occasional cramp in my right hand .I have had blood tests 2 sets as originally my red blood cells were high no diabetes no inflammation I am currently awaiting nerve conduction tests.

Doctor prescribed me codeine for pain but did nothing to relieve the pain so now taking nefraham hydrochloride which too be honest isnt helping much. I have started noticing right leg weakness now and am now very concerned. I am considering paying for a private MRI does anyone know whether this would give me any kind of diagnosis as I am at my wits end also can anyone suggest any exercises that may assist ? sorry for the long message no sleep last night and desperate

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

Been experiencing similar symptoms to you over the past year.

Do you have any other symptoms along with what you have described?

Also, how have your stress/anxiety levels been before it, or when it happened, if you dont mind me asking?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.