Constant sick feeling

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all. Im male, 22 years old and a smoker. My bmi is fine.

I have been feeling sick constantly for a few weeks now. Never actually have been sick but have had 'sicky burps' occasionally, sometimes bad gas, but never any bad stool.

I have put on alot of weight recently due to eating more. I was 7 stone 7 as i went through a rough time with anxiety, however after overcoming that im now 9 stone 9 (a healthy weight for my height).

I do have a bad diet i will say, not particularly junk food, but never really healthy food either. Lack of vegetables etc.

But as I said, ive been feeling sick all day every day more so after eating anythinf and im wondering if it could be the weight gain as im not used to the weight on my tummy. If it could possibly be a symptom of anxiety although i feel i am over that now, or whether it could be something like a stomach ulcer, acid reflux, or anything else.

Im trying not to go to the doctors as I have been off work for sickness/appointments alot and ive just started a new job so i want to make a good impression.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Im thankful for any replies I may get. Thank you

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I sympathize with you,smoking causes bloating as well as chewing gum, raw veggies, caffeine, pizza, alcohol, i started when  i was in my early 20's now that i am 60 years its pretty much everyday i have taken...Gas-x, over the counter products they help but not really. i know for sure it's my diet. i get so bloated my cloth don't fit i have gained some weight but i pretty much dont have tummy now have a big tummy and feels uncomfortable. Try over the counters products ask the pharmacies for assistance.     

• Posted

I plan to quit smoking, its hard when ive tried before so i will probably buy a vape. I dont really drink much alcohol so i guess I can put it down to my diet. Im having the same problem with my tummy as i never had an ounce of fat on me now i have a tiny bit of a belly and the extra weight feels uncomfortable. Thanks for your reply ☺
  • Posted

I know when I eat not healthy food it seems to build up and then I will also feel sick. Try eating healthy and you will feel better after you clean your system out.  Have you tried putting probiotics into your system?
    • Posted

I haven't tried probiotics no. I started taking multivitamins for a while but i never kept up with them, stupidly. I will try to change my diet but the one thing that makes it hard is i an a very fussy eater! Haha, I wish i wasn't but theres alot of foods out there i just cannot eat. Hence taking multivitamins instead. I'll have to look for foods that will fit within my taste range and give it a go hahah. Thank you for the reply

• Posted

Since you don't have a way to go to the dr at the moment, try to clean your diet. Baby steps, you do not want to get more anxiety. Try to eliminate sugars, process food, and red meats(maybe 2x a week). Try to ad good bacteria to your gut, might have an unbalance in your gut flora. Low sugar yogurt, kifer, and cheese. 

• Posted

I will give it a go definately. Unfortunatly as I said to sobetty18 above I am a very fussy person hahah. I wish i wasnt but I am. I will have to try foods that fit for me. But I will change my diet as a first move and see if anything happens. Thank you for replying ☺
  • Posted

Try reducing your food intake if you find that extra stomach weight is uncomfortable.
  • Posted

Anxiety can cause a lot of problems sounds like you might need to change your diet a little bit and add more vegetables if you have pain up under the right rib that goes into the back and shoulder you should get your gallbladder checked your appendix is in the right lower you can have pain from that with nausea cross the middle stomach and lower right I would invest the time and go get a complete upper GI acid reflux you would have some belching in a lot of burning when you eat you might try some antacids before you eat a meal and see if that doesn't help and eat your meals slowly and chew your food well I have what they call a gastric stomach which is chronic and I also have gallstones

• Posted

Also I must say if you are taking any kind of vitamins you should never take them on an empty stomach because they will cause nausea and if you're taking them on a regular basis that may be the cause of your nausea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.