Constant siren like sounds, Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, i recently developed what seems like tinnitus after weeks of constant loud noise abuse to my ears. A week or so after i developed it mainly in left year i been hearing constant siren noises. It's especially strong when im anxious and sometimes it's the real noise where everyone can hear or somethimes is something only i can hear. I feel as if my brain is just taking the noises that comes from my tinnitus or background noises we usually ignore coupled with my anxiety to just make me think i hear a siren when its in actuality nothing. I believe this to be caused by my anxiety as its gotten really bad lately but i dont have a doctor to deal with this problem. Im sure this is like something akin to an ocd of "sound stuck in your head" but its getting bad at times but im not entirely to sure. I cant really figure if its anxiety or over sensitivity of the ears, so actual sounds. Should i go see someone about this? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

A quick update: I realized that some sounds are just coming from my mind when i get anxious but i realized that im seriously oversensitive to sounds, loud sounds. A highway sounds ridicoulous loud but constantly has lke a siren like tint to it.
  • Posted

Hi Jamm

Anxiety manifests tonnes of symptoms at difféent stages, just when you think one has gone another appears.

One of the things i noticed when i started with anxiety back in sept was i was sensitive to noise. It would send me on high alert.

Since i have had CBT and done regular mindful meditations .. I have so much less anxiety and am almost there however... 

About 4 weeks ago i developed tinnitus in my left ear... sometimes it jumls to the right.

And it can vary in loudness. It is annoying and at first a bit scary but i had it checked at my doctors and he thinks it could be temporary.

So now i just try and ignore it and carry on.

I dont give it mind space any more. 

And i have noticed when i am busy and distracted it does go away , but as soon as i rememeber it comes back.

I read up on it on an anxiety symptom page and it is common.

It was just one of the many symptoms i hadnt had before.

Good luck

Try and not to let it bother you and hopefully it will go away on it's own xxxx

• Posted

Yep when i ignore it, it goes away but as soon as i think about it or worry over it subconciously it pops up. It's reassuring to know this is a common problem that anxiety brings. I will try to ignore it, but alas easier said than done. Atleast i know its nothing serious. Thank you

• Posted

Hi Jamm I am going through the same thing you are and I wanted to know if the siren noise went away. If so can you give me some information on what you have done. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one but I feel it's never going to go away. Any information would help. Thanks in advance.

• Posted

Did you ever find a cure/ relief from this ? I am going through the exact same thing ! Please, do help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.